Noise when accelerating at speed

Essexmiles

Reaction score
Hi, I have an a3 140 sline dsg on a 56 plate.

When accelerating at full throttle above 60ish there's a strange noise coming from the front end. Only way I can describe it is a turkey gurgling noise. Noticed it a few weeks ago but seems louder now. Can't notice it at low speed and only when accelerating at 75% upwards.

It's driving me insain and I can't find anything from searching so wondered if anyone's got any ideas. Cars got full audi service history and currently on 97k. Last dsg service was at 87 I think.

cheers

It would help if I knew what Turkey gurgling sounded like lol

Can you record it?

It would help if I knew what Turkey gurgling sounded like lol

Can you record it?
Lol not sure my self but it's a strange noise. I'll try and get a video of it in a couple of hours

Is it losing power at all? Just thinking might be a weird split in one of the air pipes?

Will get video in a bit but it sound similar to the noise you get from rumble strips on a motorway

Cheers

Can't get a video to capture the noise, hopefully just a hose but would of thought it would make the noise at all speeds when under boost if was a hose. Only seems to be at 60+ really. Can sometimes slightly hear it at 50.

Finally captured it on video, it's a kinda puring noise, I'm lifting on and of the throttle so you can hear it better.

Notice that a balancing weight may of possible come of one the alloys, could this cause this noise? Doesn't seem to be any vibration or pulling to one side ect just this noise.

A3 8P DSG 140 noise when accelerating - YouTube

Cheers