No rear speakers/sub pc9 - 408??

tonks s3

Reaction score
Alright guys I have a 2001 audi S3 with a concert system have changed the HU to a aftermarket one, the red plug can't plug into the new stereo was just wondering if I need to get a pc9-408 auto leads for it or something else?! Cheers Tonks

Alright guys I have a 2001 audi S3 with a concert system have changed the HU to a aftermarket one, the red plug can't plug into the new stereo was just wondering if I need to get a pc9-408 auto leads for it or something else?! Cheers Tonks

Is yours a Bose system?

<tuffty/>

I used a PC9-408 adaptor on my Alpine setup for a few years... there is a very slight whump noise when you turn the head unit on but tbh I really never noticed it...

There is a link in my sig they may be of interest to you should you feel inclined :)

<tuffty/>

Not with my car at the moment tuffty :/ haven't noticed any Bose symbols on anything but my rear speakers and sub are powered separately to the fronts it's a audi concert stereo with the tape deck and volume control in the centre if that helps?&nbsp;<br>Cheers

Don't use the 408 as it uses a hideous hi-lo converter, far cleaner sound with the PC9-404 for non Bose (rear amp only)

I should of said earlier I am using the 404 which is giving me now rear audio :/ just wondering the blue with white trace wire does that need to be connected to a 12v supply? Also on the red SOT it doesn't look like it has the right amount of outputs? Cheers

Yes it needs to be connected to the power antenna or remote on feed from the new HU
It only needs left & right pre-outs. The other sections are blanked off as they are for cd changer and DIS feed neither of which will work with an aftermarket HU

Ideal cheers bud! Will have to order a aerial adapter
cheers Tonks