No power to drivers heated seat. Audi A4 cab 2007

Southcoaster

Reaction score
Hello Audi gurus!
I've just bought my first Audi A4 convertible (B7) and I love it! The only problem is that the drivers side heated seat does not heat up. The other electrics on the drivers seat work (lumber support and under seat courteous light) The heating on the passenger, and 2 rear seats all work, its just the drivers that doesn't.
Things I've checked so far.
- the main fuse (35amp). All good.
- There are 4 connector blocks under the drivers seat. A yellow, red, green and black. I did some Googleing and found out that the Green connector is for the heated part of the seat. There are 4 wires in the green connector, Brown, Black & Yellow, Black & White and Brown. Further Googleing told me that the Black & Yellow wire is the power for heating element and the Brown wire is the ground for the heating element.
- Using a multi meter I checked the power across the Brown and Black & Yellow wires. There was no power. (I had the engine running and the drivers heated seat controller was set to 6)
- I did the same on the passenger seat and got a voltage reading.

It looks like that the problem is no power to the heating part of the drivers seat. The thing that's thrown me is that main fuse is ok. Does anyone know if there is another fuse somewhere that I've missed or something that would stop power getting to the drivers seat? Any ideas?
Thanks Everyone!

So no power on incoming, also check continuity on the heated elements as these do burn out on the B6, 7 cars at times.

Hi NHN, thanks for the reply. Yes, while I was contorted under the seat I did a continuity check on the drivers seat and it seemed ok i.e the multi meter beeped.
I then tried to "jump" the power feed from the passenger seat to the drivers seat to see if would heat the drivers seat but no joy. Even more confused now!