1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No postcode entry option in Audi navigation?

psychopomp1 Jun 13, 2018

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

In the Audi sat nav (SD card based) on my My18 A4 Avant, i can't seem to find any option to enter the destination by postcode? I thought Audi finally allowed entry of 7 digit postcodes on their sat navs? I know its probably easier to send destinations from the MyAudi smartphone app (which does accept postcode entered destinations) but would still like the option to enter them using postcode directly into the sat nav. Very surprised if Audi still don't allow direct postcode entries...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Just type it in the normal place for searching and it'll work? That's what I do, but you have to make sure you put the space where required or it doesn't like it.

psychopomp1 likes this.
  4. psychopomp1

Thanks, tried putting a postcode into the sat nav search bar yesterday and nothing came up. I may have been having a brain fart but I'll try again today.

Daggerit likes this.
  5. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

No worries. Give it a try and if it still doesn't work I can video my system to make sure that you're seeing the same thing.

psychopomp1 likes this.
  6. Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team Panther Audi RS3 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Is our system not the hd nav in the s4 think it’s diff from the sd one.
    Though on my rs3 with sd basic nav I could do post codes

psychopomp1 likes this.
  7. psychopomp1

See I told you I was having a brain fart yesterday... I was trying to enter the postcode in the “enter destination “ box (duh!)

When selecting “enter address” the sat nav does indeed accept postcode entries and all is well. Though perhaps i should be forgiven as it’s my first ever car with a built in sat nav.

Daggerit likes this.
  8. Paul Golding

Paul Golding Active Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

In case it helps, I've now got used to simply pressing the "talk" button. Give it town and street and the nav comes up with your options including asking for the street number. I found by far the quickest way to do it.

WesT-gefül and psychopomp1 like this.
  9. psychopomp1

thanks for the tip, will try that next time!

10. Paul Golding

Paul Golding Active Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

I think you have to say "drive me to" first. It's much more convenient than twiddling and clicking the knob, especially if you're doing it while driving!

Happy Grumpz and psychopomp1 like this.
  11. Urban Sports

Urban Sports Active Member

I put the postcode in every time!