Nissan 350Z vs A3/S3

Naresh

Reaction score
I have decided to part with my A3 and going for a Nissan 350Z with GT pack! I've loved every second in the A3 and spent alot of time and effort with several mods over the years and been rewarded with endless comfort, quality and reliability! It will be sad when the day comes that I sell it on!!

Bearing in mind the obvious competitors such as the TT, RX8 and Crossfire (although I hate it), what are your opinions of the Z?? Has anyone driven one or indeed own one?

The test drive a couple of months ago sold it to me and even the wife really wants it too, so who would say no?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif I know the cabin quality isn't as good as Audi and the boot space suffers from the strut bar across the middle, but for styling and engine performance/sound, its just too tempting a car!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have to say I like the looks but I haven't driven one or seen one close up!

Worth a look...

Does anyone have the link for the video please or tell me where I can view it? I haven't stopped smiling since I drove it and the exhaust note was a symphony to my ears! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with you - there is not much on the market at present which is appeals on the styling and performance front, as well as being a practical day car. I think the TT has a more practical boot but didn't feel as nearly quick as the Z. I'd like the new TT but can't wait until 2006/2007, but if they bring out a diesel option it will sell like hot cakes!! Apparently its longer and wider than the current model too!

I too felt that the Z felt a little slower than the 280bhp on paper but thats throughout the rev range and no sudden burst following turbo lag like on the S3 - its also quite heavy too but the exterior styling is simply gorgeous and once I've replaced the BOSE the dash wil look better too! Now I just have to decide if its worth getting the sat nav too! Decisions decisions!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yeah, like you say its maybe cos its heavy and no turbo surge etc and i had just been in the V6 clio, that thing felt awesomely quick though on paper they are not that quick at all.

I agree they are gorgeous! What colour you going for? I think they are beautiful in black with the orange leather n rays wheels. Did you get much of a deal? The best i could get was free metallic and free plastic mudflap things - apparntly they are selling theirselves! V.nice hope you enjoy!

I'm an ex 350Z owner as well as a veteran of 2 S3's. Not sure once run in that the 350Z feels slow. If we are in for a crap winter with lots of snow, make sure your a good driver

Jonathan

Never had a rear wheel drive car before so looks like I'll be in for some fun - better remember to keep the traction control on at all times!! Seriously though, there isn't anything else out there that appeals to me! Really like the new A4 cab but not a convertible fan, and not sure when the Couple is being released! I would stay with Audi if the new TT was already out! Was going to go for the A4 3.0 Quattro or 2.5Tdi but the wife wants something a bit more sporty before kids!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Have you considered a (previously enjoyed) E46 M3? Im going to try and get into one come the spring but i'll probably struggle for my budget £30K ish.

My budget is 22-25K which points towards a Z, or even S3 but I dispice BMW's as does my wife so that would be a last resort, even it was offered to me free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif Do not even mention Beema around her. The E46 is nice but way too expensive!

Nothing wrong with BMW's - Its only the majority of [censored] who drive them, i have a problem with! They think a BMW gives em ownership of the road even in the De-badged lame engined models. E46 M3's are simply awesome though i love em but couldn't justify a new one

I've seen some well nice imported Z's for sale for around £18 - £22K with all extras but be careful if you look at these as some have the Renault manufactured engine in (according to the sales Reptile, so maybe rubbish) which is reportedly not as good.

I agree entirely - it the drivers that put me off owning one! Driving with fog lights, badging a 1.6 with an M3 badge, changing lanes without indicating, the list goes on!!

I've done my research om the Z forum and I'm staying away from early model imports! They suffered from bad front wheel alignmenet so the tyres would need changing often, plus other minor niggles! I'd be going for an 04 model at least! Registration change next March should help with prices, although my mates reckon the depreciation and Nissan badge factor will kill me! When is the A4 coupe supposed to come out??

Not interested in an EVO VIII 260? £23K brand new with 3 yrs free servicing???

The only thing which initially put me off was the 4K mile diff service but if its now free!

Just some of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Probably the ones who traded up from volvo 340's somewhere along the line

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Seriously though, hasn't the Evo got a ridiculously small fuel tank and can't go more than 250miles between fills?
For extrior styling though nothing touches the Z at the moment.........in my opinion!

[ QUOTE ]
Naresh said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Seriously though, hasn't the Evo got a ridiculously small fuel tank and can't go more than 250miles between fills?
For extrior styling though nothing touches the Z at the moment.........in my opinion!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree there... very fresh

Yeah, the 350 is the nicest looking by a long shot. I didn't know about the small tanks, thats pretty poor on a 25mpg car

[ QUOTE ]
Naresh said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If your lucky .. I'm sure that it aint only the small tank helping matters, I suspect the fact it aint very economical doesn't help.

I think I read somewhere it has only a 40 litre tank, that's the same as my old fiesta which still needed filling up more often than my S3.
I can definitely see the attraction of the Nissan, I would love one, RWD 280bhp, looks, all sounds good to me!
Would the depreciation be that bad? If they are fairly well made (if not up to Audi standards) like most new cars they shouldn't be too bad, still a highly desireable car and isn't too much to buy new (relatively). I can't see the depreciation being too bad, after all supply and demand is what determines the prices!

SOLD!! I think the overwhelming response is to get one of these babies and I'm sure to get one early next year! Just need to start saving now as I just bought a house!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Soft paint? Haven't heard of anything like that - do you know anymore Lee? I think I did hear something about the paint being prone to chipping or something! Also, what is Armourfend??

Naresh, get yourself over to HERE mate. Should answer all your questions about the paint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yeah having though long and hard about a zed, this is the major thing stopping me.. Its bad enough on a normal good car, but seems like nissan have a problem. Maybe they need to start using feather brushes like other good quality car manufacturers? With every new production model I assume its getting better. Maybe I'll wait for the 2005/6 35th ani 300bhp yellow model!