Next Gen S3 Sedan Spy Shot

VWNCC

Reaction score
audi-s3-sedan-spy-shots.jpg

More pics here...

https://www.motor1.com/news/357520/audi-s3-sedan-spy-shots/

Except the grill, looks good ! Anyone knows something about the performance ?

Envoyé de mon SM-A920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Identical shape to my saloon.....then again the Saloon design is perfect as it is...the sportback has a lot of scope for improvement in design....as for performance/power figures...given what the wltp regs have done to performance cars in the EU...well forgive me if l dont get excited about the new S3 unless Audi put 330 bhp under the bonnet which is highly unlikely....MY2017/2018 models are still the best of the bunch ....anyways Groundhog Thread again...still only a few months till Audi preview this no doubt disappointing and overly expensive new model

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mythos, MikeParkin and 1 other person
Doesn't look massively different to the current model from what i can see . Looking forward to seeing it none the less

Hard to tell anything from that with all the camo!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

As Jassy mentions in saloon guise, it looks no different from my 2017, apart from the grill, headlights and a lower profile bonnet......hideous alloys though. Audi really have to give the boot to the wheel design team. I think they will have 330-340 hp due to the recent competition models, or is that getting too close to the RS3?

As noted above - yes the openings on the grill are HUGE !
Not a lot to get excited about so far.
Audi are in no mans land at the moment as far as the A3 is concerned IMO.
Current car has well & truly had its run and the new platform is taking ages to come out and does not appear to inspire based images so far.
I really can't see anything out there which is going to get me out of my current car for a while, that is for sure.

Looks like it was a great choice to get a my18 S3. The new model doesn't get me excited at all, gonna look like a smaller a4. The interior is going to be a downgrade with the cheap touch panels too.

It's quite a shame that audi is trying to go deep into our pockets while the cost cutting is so obvious with these new models...

BTW the wheels wtf lol, their design team must have been high when drawing these.

Reactions: TYb
This time A3...smaller grill openings and integrated rear exhaust (fake?)...

The daytime running light design is quite obvious in the last shot.

Audi-A3-Sedan-3.jpg

Audi-A3-Sedan-10.jpg

Audi-A3-Sedan-2.jpg

As noted above - yes the openings on the grill are HUGE !
Not a lot to get excited about so far.
Audi are in no mans land at the moment as far as the A3 is concerned IMO.
Current car has well & truly had its run and the new platform is taking ages to come out and does not appear to inspire based images so far.
I really can't see anything out there which is going to get me out of my current car for a while, that is for sure.

TBH, I think the current A/S/RS3 saloon, is Audi's best looking car. Not sure they need to radically restyle, as the radical looks of the Q2, Q3, and A1, look (to my eyes) all wrong. Too many square lines and slashes. Huge fake plastic air intakes look trashy.

But as said by Han4mi, it'll be the cheap interior that'll be the really disappointment. TFT screens and everything configurable within an inch of it's life. Yet the plastics with be cheap. Cheaper than what Audi's used to be.

Reactions: mve7
TBH, I think the current A/S/RS3 saloon, is Audi's best looking car. Not sure they need to radically restyle, as the radical looks of the Q2, Q3, and A1, look (to my eyes) all wrong. Too many square lines and slashes. Huge fake plastic air intakes look trashy.

But as said by Han4mi, it'll be the cheap interior that'll be the really disappointment. TFT screens and everything configurable within an inch of it's life. Yet the plastics with be cheap. Cheaper than what Audi's used to be.

Fair point and i will probably agree that the current A3/S3/RS3 is a stunning car and really ticks all the boxes inside & out.
I've just posted in another thread that I am usually a serial car changer every 2 to 3 years, but I'm now at 3.5 years with my current car as i'm still enjoying it, it still feels special and to be honest there is nothing out there that I feel compelled to change to.
If the new A3 is not to my taste in terms of exterior OR interior looks, then I may keep my car indefinitely.
I aint changing for the sake of it, that is for sure.

Reactions: wab172uk
In my opinion car manufacturing has become stale, I would compare it to the smartphone market for the past few years. All the best designs have already come out as there were no manufacturing bottlenecks.

What we are looking at now is redesigning for redesigning's sake, it serves no real purpose. The cars that have come out a few years back will still look and feel great 10 years from now.

Do we really need all the fancy driving aids, autonomous driving, lane change assists, laser lights, more power? The current S3 is more than I would probably ever need in a car and I don't feel like there is any car on the market that I would upgrade to (except the rs5, but that's overkill :))

In my opinion car manufacturing has become stale, I would compare it to the smartphone market for the past few years. All the best designs have already come out as there were no manufacturing bottlenecks.

What we are looking at now is redesigning for redesigning's sake, it serves no real purpose. The cars that have come out a few years back will still look and feel great 10 years from now.

Do we really need all the fancy driving aids, autonomous driving, lane change assists, laser lights, more power? The current S3 is more than I would probably ever need in a car and I don't feel like there is any car on the market that I would upgrade to (except the rs5, but that's overkill :))

Nail on the head - think I'll end up going retro or T5 Camper or similar, seen nowt to lure me in to a showroom.

Reactions: Han4mi
I am really happy that I didn't wait for the next gen s3. Have mine s3 8v fl from 2019 now 2 weeks and really happy with it. Didn't take the line assist and other technology ****... you can only have problems with those technology and I don't use it because it takes away the fun of driving... . I also don't need a 60 inch touchscreen tv in my car like all the new cars have... . And my biggest issue is electric cars but thats my opinion :p . It hurts to say but the future of cars doesn't look good :'( and sorry for my english haha + all the new German cars look like the new japanese cars and thats not good

Reactions: Han4mi and RaphCH