Newbie - S3 8P3 (Ibis White content)

luke_m87

Reaction score
Hi ASN,

Haven't been on forums for nearly 4 years now, but having brought FCU a couple of weeks ago I'm finding myself scanning threads more and more so it's only right I sign up ayy!
When i was last on a forum it was over at cliosport.net and clio197.net I had a Renaultsport Clio 197 R27 F1 in Liquid Yellow it was the most involving car I've had the pleasure of owning and I am still sure I'll have one in the garage one day.
Since then travelling in Australia and then when I came home and brought a E46 330CD M Sport, this lead to an E92 335D M Sport an absolute machine, but I never really felt comfortable pushing it to hard as you were doing silly speeds very quickly without realising. After a year of ownership I found out that i was going to become a dad and so I swapped the 335D in for a A3 8P2 2.0 tdi 170PD it had all the extras you would want - Nav, Bose, full leather, S-tronic (are we allowed to call it DSG?) - it was great nothing on the 335D in terms of speed but you could enjoy it when I had the chance to.
During the time of owning the tdi my mileage really dropped off monthly and taking my little boy to his grandparents daily meant that i hit traffic in the mornings too soo...I came to the conclusion the time was right to get back in to the petrol and something that was going to be usable plus still child friendly on a daily basis.

Having put the TDi up for sale on a Saturday evening it sold that Sunday within 24hrs I was shocked! and in need of a car luck had it that I found FCU with all the trimmings and more plus well those looks! It has a sky roof (is that the right name?), Bose, nav, heated seats, half alcantara seats, Black Pack with the grill and roof, and it has a full history 3 folders worth including all work carried out.

So far I'm so impressed with the car it is as happy cruising as it is when you start to push on, although some aren't keen on the engine and exhaust noise I'm enjoying it (maybe it's the diesel wearing off?). My plans are to replace the brakes all round probably for a fast road set up and also get the belt done as it's due, after this winter I want to get it on track to really see what its capable of. It's such a clean car and so much more refined than the TDI was even down to the noise the boot makes when you close it.

I've only managed to get a few pics and a quick cost of wax, hopefully can get some more and get involved on ASN now I'm all signed up.

FCU first pics 1

FCU first pics 2

FCU sunflowers 2

FCU sunflowers 1

FCU after wax

Hope the pics aren't to big.

Thanks for reading my newbie thread and look forward to getting to know ASN better.
Luke

Reactions: Hookmonster and Sandra
Hi Luke, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Nice car. Where you located? Enjoy the forum ;) x

Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Hertfordshire, assuming this puts me in the South East region on here?

Reactions: Sandra
Yes Luke but you can attend any meet in any area. There will be a dealership meet in your area soon as I get to organising it:) x