newbie girl on the block

Hels

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, have been looking around a while now but havent registered until now.

i have a 2.0tdi (170ps) A3 S Line, have only owned it since may but its been back to the dealers roughly every 4 weeks, clunking noise form steering at low speed (it went back the week after i got it for that) i have had a new steering rack, new suspension, new arms, ball joints etc, although its slightly better its still not right, the dealler let me look at other A3's and they all seem to do it, although others were alot quieter than mine, i have just given up with it, it must be a trait of the car, will only take it back now if it gets louder, so the car was back and fourth like a yoyo for a few months over that.
i have had warning lights come up on the dash 1st one being the coil light, they did an ecu up date and changed the sensor on the exhaust. then i have had the emissions control light on, all they did was delete the fault from the ecu at first then said it may be a phantom fault and would have to wait for it to come back on, i did mention it could be something to do with the diesel particulate filter but they were admament it wasn't (have heard about probs with these on other brands of vag with the 170 engine, mainly the skoda vrs's tho) 3 weeks later the light comes back on then the computer screen then comes up with diesel particulater filter blocked contact the dealer. as i had read in the book to drive at a reduced steady speed for 15 - 20 mins and it should go out, but the emission light stayed on. they had the car a week and have replced the gas pressure sensor so fingers crossed.

i do love the car but get very frustrated when it goes back for something else, i do roughly 20k miles a year so when the emisions light came on i was told that i must only be doing short trips or not going thro the gears properly, in the 6 months i have owned it i have done 11k and thats all done on the motorway.

Helene :)

Am new here too. Hope u have luck in what ur looking for. ;)

Hello, hope you get everything sorted. My S3 was been a PITA but now i've fixed everything i'm actually enjoying it....but looking for an RS4 or M3. lol, never learn.