New Wheels

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Right I'm getting a bit bored of the staggered 3SDM's especially the rears which with passengers in the wheels (not the tyres) are catching on the arch. I like the look of the new 19" RS4 wheels, looking at the 8.5x19's ET35. Has anyone got any pictures of a B6 with them on?

Looks like I'll just have to buy a set and stick 'em on.

Reactions: Sandra
I'll have a look but I've just bit the bullet and ordered these
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434816779884601

8.5x19 et35 so they should still fill the arches nicely.

Reactions: barkclark
They will be fine, make sure the tyres are 235/35/19

I'll be using my current tyres that I have on my 3SDM's which are 225/35-19 to give more clearance. I'll see how they look on the new wheels and if they are a little too small I go back to 235's.

Post pics mate! they remind me of my old Vectra vxr wheels.

Reactions: Greeny233
They are the new B8 RS4 wheels as my mate has them on his B8 RS4 but think his originals are 20"

Wheels being delivered tomorrow and I'll get 'em on ASAP.

Reactions: Welshquattro and Ro55
Wheels are here. Just a quick fitment check to make sure they clear the S4 brakes.
Only problem is the centre bore, I told them they were for a B6 and to supply 57.1mm spigots but no spigots supplied and wheels are direct bore 63.3mm so I've had to order some 63.3 to 57.1 spigots from www.spigotrings.com and also they were specified as ET35 but on inspection they are ET32.

Loads more room than with the 3SDM wheels.

Reactions: barkclark, Welshquattro and swarcup
They look mint... What a pita they didn't turn up with the correct spigot rings.. Think u'll have any rubbing issues with ET32?

They look mint... What a pita they didn't turn up with the correct spigot rings.. Think u'll have any rubbing issues with ET32?
My front 3SDM's are ET30 at the moment and I have no issues, so et32 will easily clear. It's the rears I have a problem with, my current 9.5x19's have ET32 and when carrying passengers the arch hits the wheel rim so the 8.5x19's should give me plenty of clearance.

Yeah the 8.5x19 will definitely be more user friendly.. Looking forward to see'in these on the car.. U gonna sell the 3SDM's or store em for a rainy day?

The 3SDMs will be up for sale once I get the new ones on.

Reactions: Welshquattro
So the spigot rings arrived today, I've ordered the wrong size ******! I should have ordered 66.6 - 57.1 but for some reason I ordered 63.4 - 57.1.

Two or three loops of electrical tape on the outside of the ring and trimmed so they fit snugly ......and it will be fine. They are only used to centre the wheel and don't take any load

Do you mind saying where you got your wheels from? I think I may be able to guess as I've just bought these:
They were also a different offset to what was advertised and no spigot rings were included. I contacted the seller and the rings arrived the next day :)

I have a set of Audi a5 alloys 5 spoke they are et29 with 245/45/18 tyres and they just say catch if a have a fair but if weight in but they fill the arches loads

Reactions: Greeny233
Well they are on and even though the rears aren't as extreme I think they look mint! Really happy with the fitment.

Reactions: THQuattro, Ro55 and Welshquattro
Very nice, they really suit your car. Now if only I could go pick mine up from the garage :cry:

I'm getting two tyres fitted to my new wheels today, then I can do some test fitting to decide which spacers and tyres to go for up front. I've had 9's on the rear before (18" not 19" but that shouldn't make any difference should it?) so know what et and tyre to go for there, but 8.5 is the widest I've had on the front so I want to do a quick test fit before buying tyres and spacers.

Reactions: Ro55
The 9x19's shouldn't be a problem as long as you use the correct ET, 40-45 should give you plenty of clearance on the front and you can drop that down to et32 on the rear easily

They're 19×9 ET52 so I was thinking a 10mm spacer up front with a 12/15mm out back.

I had some 235/35/19's fitted to two of them yesterday which I'm about to do some test fitting with now. I have 10mm and 5mm spacers so I can try a couple of different combinations to decide what spacers to buy tomorrow on my way home from work, and which size of tyre for the other two.

I really don't understand how fitment can differ so much between individuals with the same car. I've just fitted 8.5 x 19 ET35 with 235/35/19 tyres (Goodyear eagle asymmetric 2) and they rub a little front and rear. My car (S4 Avant) has completely standard suspension and has just had a full 4 wheel alignment, so its perfect. I even removed the front arch screw before fitting, just in case.
I wish I had got ET45 now, like I actually ordered!

Alloys are fine but the tyres will be a major factor as the widths and side wall designs although the the same spec tyre in theory do differ.

My rear Bridgestones look like they are stretched and my front Nexens look straight and flush with the rim.....but all tyres are 235/40/18 and alloys ET32 8.5 x 18

Yeah tyres can differ massively between brands.

I like conti sports and find that you need to order a size smaller/thinner than you need as they're a very wide tyre.