New V60

DohNut

Reaction score
I like it. Really like their new styling direction since the new XC90 was launched a few years back. Considered an XC60 when looking at the A4 but just couldn’t get what I wanted within my budget and the V90 is just too long. XC40 looks great to my eyes too.

If the petrol variant V60 had been available this year I would have seriously considered one. From what I can see they do seem a bit more expensive like for like but nice. Very nice.

Would any of you guys consider one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Syed Shah
I went to buy a S90 as they have been pushing cheap lease deals recently and the pictures of the interiors looked great.

Unfortunately when me and the wife sat in one in the showroom we were disappointed with the amount of metal looking plastic and some of the materials used. We decided we couldn't live with it.. It felt like a Premium Ford/Vauxhall rather than a premium car. The central screen looks good but again isn't the best in the flesh. All style no substance... to be fair Jaguar are playing that game too, almost premium but not quite.

We went to get the old shape xc60 as they had some good offers on, the salesman showed us the new version as we were waiting... an amazing car and a massive step down getting in the older car.

It was just too expensive for what we wanted and they were offering next to no discount at the time (1-2%off). We couldn’t then buy the older car after seeing how nice the new one is.

The xc40 does look good though and it was a toss up of that and the A4.

We went to our local Volvo dealers launch event for the XC40 on Thursday. Very impressed. Fit, finish and quality is right up there and it's different enough, inside and out, from current competitors to make it really stand out. It's also pretty good value for money, with a lot of standard kit for the money.

Attachments

• A541371B-58C1-4856-BF3A-734B571FACA5.jpeg
    A541371B-58C1-4856-BF3A-734B571FACA5.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 145
  • BF495E62-CCD6-4240-A8F9-BC820E3CEDA7.jpeg
    BF495E62-CCD6-4240-A8F9-BC820E3CEDA7.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 149
I went to buy a S90 as they have been pushing cheap lease deals recently and the pictures of the interiors looked great.

Unfortunately when me and the wife sat in one in the showroom we were disappointed with the amount of metal looking plastic and some of the materials used. We decided we couldn't live with it.. It felt like a Premium Ford/Vauxhall rather than a premium car. The central screen looks good but again isn't the best in the flesh. All style no substance... to be fair Jaguar are playing that game too, almost premium but not quite.

I’d noticed the cheap lease deals too. Re the interiors, that’s interesting to hear. They do look good and I’ve yet to experience one first hand but, as you all know, Audi interior fit and finish is very, very good.

Reactions: blackb9er
We went to our local Volvo dealers launch event for the XC40 on Thursday. Very impressed. Fit, finish and quality is right up there and it's different enough, inside and out, from current competitors to make it really stand out. It's also pretty good value for money, with a lot of standard kit for the money.

definitely nailing the looks, that's a looker in that colour combo.

Yeah, some of newer Volvo's are certainly turning my head. The V90's look fantastic. Interesting comment on quality of the interior - Audi are known for being best of the best in that regard so not surprising anything else compares badly.

A serious consideration come chop in time for sure.

Could be the Chinese design influence. Have seen footage where the top of the range Volvo is Made in China and exported to Sweden.

I went to a Woolworths supermarket store and picked up a packet of frozen beans. It said Product of China, and promptly put it back. Just saying.

Woolworths??? Didn’t they go under like 10 years ago?

Suspect people said the same about Japanese cars to begin with. Ask Mr Alonso, he’ll tell you they’re super reliable!

EDIT: I see you are down under. Must’ve been where they ended up!

Had 3 Volvo's in the past, by far the best feature are the seats, so comfortable and never any back ache after a long journey. The biggest downfall was reliability and subsequent dealer service, absolutely shocking, but then I was having to deal with Arnold Clark so no real surprise. Also found the claimed fuel economy and what I achieved in reality were poles apart, with the exception of the V50 which seemed to run on fresh air. Do agree the newer models look really good. My folks are considering the XC40 when their Q3 is due for a change next year.

The new XC90 imo has a superior interior to the range rover Vogue. Splendid place to spend your time and the bowers and Wilkins sound system is probably one of the best on the market. New Volvo's really are fantastic.. looks wise very easily one of the best (only cars like the lc500 and new Lexus GS are better for me).

Wonder if Polestar will get to play around with it. Quite like what they do.

Woolworths??? Didn’t they go under like 10 years ago?
EDIT: I see you are down under. Must’ve been where they ended up!

....and were making more money than we will ever see. Like many companies, took their eye off their core business and opened up 'Masters' hardware stores to compete with Bunnings. After being thrashed, they offloaded them and are trying to regroup. Stupid,stupid!!

Did the designer sneeze half way down the rear window, and then thought f**k it, I’ll leave that line there.

Reactions: Theonenonly
The V60 looks promising but apparently the auto gearboxes on the Volvos are even more lethargic than the Audi S tronics so that would put me off.

Lol, the s tronics are one of the faster ones, top 3 I’d say . Volvo, Mercedes, landrover now they are lethargic.

The XC40 is a wonderful looking car imo.

My dad recently had an XC60 as a courtesy car, I wasn’t that impressed with the interior, it just seemed a little bland.

On a side note, I’m surprised the forum police haven’t told you this is in the wrong section as it’s not A4 related :tearsofjoy:

On a side note, I’m surprised the forum police haven’t told you this is in the wrong section as it’s not A4 related :tearsofjoy:

Really? It’s a direct competitor so would have thought it very relevant. But hey if they want to move it...

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
I really like the current Volvos. What my last one was great at was thinking how a driver uses all the technology - the adaptive cruise control (for example) was controlled from the wheel rather than a stalk and so distances were much simpler to adjust on the fly - some of the other controls were also more user-friendly than in my A4. I still prefer current Audi display quality and overall cabin feel, but the Volvos are my second choice.

I had an 2.0 D4 XC60 R Design prior to my A4 Avant and to be honest the Audi is worlds apart in terms of quality, fit and finish although the seats in the XC60 were superb. Haven't been in a new XC60 to compare but I am glad I left the Volvo stable.

Reactions: Jsmills
I've also been considering an S90 after this but from what I've heard here it might not be the right choice, looks like a fantastic car when you watch the reviews but they're all fully loaded examples so I guess its hard to judge
Id have to drive one to get a better idea. I'm really liking Volvos new design direction though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: