New to the forum! Have a question!!!

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
Hi there ppl Im new to this forum

Im looking at buying an Audi A3 1.8 T soon, probably around 2000 plate but want to fit an original s3 kit onto it.
I know some of you will be thinking, *** this has been asked so many times but after searching the forum i found no answer to this. some were like "yeh yeh it fits" and others were like "no chance" and some "will fit with some modification"

So all i am asking nicely is will the s3 front bumper, s3 side skirts and s3 rear bumper fit on a normal a3????

If it does not anyone have any pictures of it fitted to a normal a3 as there are some users who say they have achieved this????

Sorry for all the questions but I really do need to know this as it is the only reason why i am buying the a3 as I cannot afford an s3 at the moment but love the look of it.

Cheers ppl

Mo

they can but then you would need to do the front wings and rear arches done for it to LOOK like an S3 as the S3 body is wider. i would say wait for an S3 they are really coming down in price recently which is bad for S3 owner that are looking to sell!

i agree. either wait for an s3 or buy a 1.8t sport and get s3 wheels, maybe lower a tad, facelift lights (if not already) and maybe some s3 interior bits :)

sitrials said:
they can but then you would need to do the front wings and rear arches done for it to LOOK like an S3 as the S3 body is wider. i would say wait for an S3 they are really coming down in price recently which is bad for S3 owner that are looking to sell!

I agree i was thinking of putting mine bk 2 standard and selling it in the new year, But i really dont think its worth it the have dropped loads in price since i bought mine :motz: , I was fancying a v6 clio for some strange reason any thoughts as iv never driven one ?? :icon_thumright:

the exterior parts fit, even though the arches are wider, a couple of people have done it on here, looks good! pretty much the only bodykit that suits the a3 :)

Cheers for the replys ppl.

So Sam-K im OK to go ahead and get the audi and then get the s3 kit fitted to it; im going to get one of my cousins mates to do it as he has a bodyshop so im sure if a little modification is needed then he can do it.

Get the zender front end........hard as nails on a 18T!!

The zender front does look good, which is what im going for when i have the turbo etc done.

Get the zender!

Jason

if you do put a s3 kit on, dont forget to take the S3 badge of

Cheers for the repsonses guys. all i gotta go now is till the end of next month before i go and look for an a3.

Looking to spend around £3000, I reckon that should be enough to get an a3 1.8 T with average mileage (around 90k) and around an 1999 plate. Do you reckon this enough????

Cheers

Mo:salute:

Rick Glover said:
Go for an S3 if you can!!

Just seen this on Autotrader. There are more. No need to add anything then.:readit:

2000 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

Price:
£5,900

ono

Features:

• 137,000 miles
  • Manual
  • BLUE
  • Petrol
  • Hatchback
  • 1781 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

Manual, 137,000 miles, Blue. ABS, Alarm, Alloys, Electric Recaro seats,c/l, Climate.xenon lights,black leather & blue suede interior,fsh,mot & tax 7 months. £5,900. ono

Private Seller:

Contact number: 07970 056345

media

Yeh i orginally wanted an s3 and still do but unfortunately had a car accident a few weeks back (not my fault, guy went straight into the side of me) but it has kind of put me off buying a nicer car just in case something happens again. I know i cant live in fear for the rest of my life so i might actually consider it but being 19 and having this accident is not going to help my insurance.

Had a quote done on an s3 when i was considering buying one and it came out at around 1700 (fully comp, no voluntary excess) on a 10 month scheme which aint too bad but it was under a family members name.

I think i might stick to an a3/s3 rep without the s3 badges ;-) and then buy an s3 a year down the line which will hopefully be with cheaper insurance.