New Springs, saggy backend

adam.whitby

Reaction score
Hi my avant has a saggy backend,it needs new springs it's a 1BA standard can I fit 1BE sport springs to this car?
Thank you Adz

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not sure how that will help? Sport springs are likely to drop the car 15mm compared to standard SE specification, so if you go down that route you will need to look at front set up too.

When you say, saggy backside, has it been carrying heavy loads, broken ends of springs? Personally I'd keep it OE and check the dampers while you're there too.

Ya I totally agree, all 4 Springs will be done. I noticed the back was lower after a trip to Scotland (4 adults, roof box, full boot and 4 bikes hanging of the back) I will check to see if the spring has broke. The cars now got 165k on it. Just thought the standard sport springs if they fit would be a good upgrade

Stiffer / stronger springs will require stronger dampers to keep the spring under control. If you uprate the spring without doing the dampers then you are likely to adversely affect handling.

Yes that's a fair point, if the springs are worn then the dampers will be as well. But what I'm trying to find out is will OM springs for the sport chassis fit the comfort chassis, and I don't mean S-line

Yes they will fit, sport suspension also has shorter bump stops, would be best to change these as well (originals are probably done at that mileage)