New shoes on the S4

rocko_n82

Reaction score
Just a few pics of the new wheels. Wasn't fond of the wheels that came on the car although they were refurbished prior to me purchasing the car. Thought long and hard about going up a size but decided to stick with the 18" mainly for comfort and cost of tyres.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Reactions: Point_Audi, RS5 JON, jdp1962 and 3 others
Just a few pics of the new wheels. Wasn't found of the wheels that came on the car although they were refurbished prior to me purchasing the car. Thought long and hard about going up a size but decided to stick with the 18" mainly for comfort and cost of tyres.
View attachment 59517 View attachment 59518
My fave wheels for the S4 the V-spokes. Looks ace on your S4 Avant buddy

Trying to source some OEM V-spoke 19"s for the impending ...

Those look well .. A slight / subtle drop would help also.

Reactions: TahirS
I'd like to drop it but I'd be concerned about compromising the handling. I use the car for the mountain bike which sometimes means less favourable roads, fire roads etc. I'm not saying I do off road in it but with the bikes, kit and passengers it could get pretty low.

They are a really nice wheel mate, and they go very well against the colour.

As Criag said maybe a slight drop, and it would look even better! .. I was the same as yourself I wanted to lower the car but I didn't want to comprise the comfort. So after looking around and speaking with other members I ended up going for the H&R 40mm Springs and to be honest the comfort is great much better than the standard S-Line! .. Still manages the ramps fine! :smiley:

Hmm I'm not so sure about 40mm. Boydie was saying on another thread that he experienced rubbing and that ramps are only manageable. My issue is the extra weight with bikes and kit. :(

I bought the avant because I wanted to use the car for biking and family duties, but still enjoy driving it.

I want an RS4 now but I keep seeing deals on RS3s... I've not even done a thousand miles in the S4 yet... Lol. Hmm... Maybe a visit to MRC might change my mind

I had some of these in 20" for a while:
IMG_0488.JPG

More pics here: http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=111090

To be honest though I really didn't like them but I couldn't put my finger on why. Off the car they're a work of art, and most people I spoke to loved them, but they weren't for me!

I have to say though they do look better against red, but I would've gone for 19s to help fill those huge arches!

Reactions: TahirS
Rocko, I have these on my S4 Daytona Avant but they are 19s. I have an A4 with 19 inch rotors which I will sell. I was going to swap them around but decided against it. Took me a while but decided to stay with the V style. Just personal, and my wife actually commented that she liked them. Trust me, that's unusual.She has been offered the 3 ltr Tdi but prefers her beat up 17 year old Subaru that handles like a shopping trolley. Happy wife happy life. I too go a bit cross country, fishing and yes the S4 is a bit of a compromise clearance wise, but it normally gets me there. Yes I freak out about bottoming out. If we go extreme I usually rope in a mate with a Toyota 70 go anywhere bone rattler.

They look amazing on your RS4 Geoff but then the whole car looks amazing. They seem to have more of a concave the larger they are.

They look amazing on your RS4 Geoff but then the whole car looks amazing. They seem to have more of a concave the larger they are.

Cheers Rocko, they do seemed to be a little more dished the bigger they get. I also like how the red calipers are very visable through them, both front and rear RS caliper badges can easily be seen.

The picture hides the purple/green metallic flip-flop in the paint which is stunning when the sun comes out.