New S5 Sportback arriving soon

KBB

Reaction score
Hi there!

Long time reader, first time poster here.
I'm about to receive my new S5 Sportback. Daytona grey, and its probably easier to list what I did NOT click on the configurator:
- Sunroof, storage pack, towbar, phonebox
Apart from the above its maxed out.
It took them over a month just to build it, but its finally on transit phase (Your Audi has left Ingolstadt).
Could you guys share how long this journey gonna take?

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Look forward to pics of your car. Enjoy the forum :) x

Thanks Sandra!

And I looking forward to make those pictures at last :)
Im coming from an A3 but I had an S8 before(5.2l V10 Lambo engine) and I just miss the power ever since, cant wait, cant wait :)

Hi KBB and welcome.

My S5 Sportback left Inglostadt on 6th May and arrived at the dealers yesterday, so 2 weeks 2 days for me which i was pretty pleased with. My dealer said that they tend to be quicker at this time of year as it is essentially "off peak', ie between registration dates..not sure if that is true or not!

I collect thursday morning. Counting the hours, have been waiting since end of Jan

Hello Ridders!
Thanks for your reply and congrats(soon) for your new S5!
Thats the sort of timeframe I was thinking about, mine went "in transit" on Saturday, so fingers cross should be here in a couple of weeks then.
Also, I've noticed on the YourAudi site that there is 3 phases for the transit. Yours went through those stages, or just turned up "out of the blue"?

Mine was ordered late December, so they took their sweet time on it :)

The YourAudi thing was pretty accurate to a point, and did show when on the boat etc. But the best updates came from my dealer, without chasing he told me when it had arrived at Emden, when it hit the uk, (Grimsby) and when it was expected at the dealers. The Your Audi did jump the gun at the last hurdle and told me it had arrived about 3 days before it actually had. Best to check with the dealer. If you want to really obsess about it, you can try and work out which ship it is on and track its progress...but a fair bit of guess work involved.

I will share some photos of mine when i get it. Went for the Nav blue, and was quite restrained on the options list!

Hello Ridders!

Thanks for the info! I probably wont start investigating ships myself, I'll let my dealer do that for me, but its good to know that the YourAudi site is somewhat accurate. It just it wasn't really good, when it showed the different production cycles. Mine went to Quality Control about 4 days after started production, and stuck on that for 2 weeks at which point I called the dealer and they found out that the car is still at the assembly line. That lasted an another 2 weeks, so thats why I'm twitching a bit now.

The Nav blue looks amazing, I was considering that colour too, but went for grey, because the wife didnt liked the blue... everything for the family :)

You are welcome. It does seem that people have varying experiences of the youraudi accuracy, in my case wasn't bad at all, but if your dealer is any good they should keep you posted. Considering the amount of money involved, its the least they can do!

I was (and still am a little!) torn between the grey and Nav blue..but wife didn't like grey ! My family compromise is speccing the adaptive dampers, they would moan if it was too 'bumpy' i am sure

After many delays finally I've got it!
[photo=medium]8427[/photo]
[photo=medium]8428[/photo]
[photo=medium]8429[/photo]
[photo=medium]8430[/photo]
[photo=medium]8431[/photo]
[photo=medium]8432[/photo]
[photo=medium]8433[/photo]
[photo=medium]8434[/photo]

Reactions: Chr15 and Buck
Congrats Mate!

Awesome car, nice colour combo, esp with the privacy glass.

Here's my one! Absolutely loving it and the kids are too.

[photo=medium]8435[/photo][photo=medium]8436[/photo][photo=medium]8437[/photo][photo=medium]8438[/photo][photo=medium]8439[/photo]

Reactions: Buck
Nice motor, colour looks nice. We're the Audi rings easy to fit .. can't wait for mine. Tracker showing it's at assembly

Cheers. I got the dealership to fit them - Apparently it takes 15 mins. Your one may have them as standard? Might be worth checking.
I'm really pleased with the colour. What colour and spec have you gone for?

Cheers. I got the dealership to fit them - Apparently it takes 15 mins. Your one may have them as standard? Might be worth checking.
I'm really pleased with the colour. What colour and spec have you gone for?

I changed my colour twice. Originally I went for Daytona grey, then changed to navarra blue then finally to Mythos Black. lol couldn't make my mind up. Spec I've gone for privacy glass, light and vision pack. Rear camera, folding mirrors and flat bottom steering wheel. Gone for black interior.

You've gone for great spec. I changed my mind about the colour a few times as well - it looks great in black.

In terms of spec - I just went for light and vision, flat bottom and the Audi beam. Incidently, the two extras I regret not getting are the folding mirrors and camera!

You will love the car. I haven't stopped smiling since picking it up on Friday.

Exciting times. Checked my order this morning and it's. Now on. "Your Audi is on its way to the UK". How long before I'm in it you think. Is this weekend a possibility?

Exciting times. Checked my order this morning and it's. Now on. "Your Audi is on its way to the UK". How long before I'm in it you think. Is this weekend a possibility?
I would allow at least a week from when it changes to "it's arrived".
It's frustrating but just be patient.