New S3 order

nunp

Reaction score
Hi folks. Very excited by my new S3 order with the following spec - Sportback, S Tronic, Mythos Black, Lunar Silver Nappa leather, Pan roof, Tech pack, Comfort pack, non smoking pack, 3D design, privacy glass, interior light pack, audi sound system, folding mirrors and hill hold assist. Currently driving a Q5 S Line Plus S tronic which has done a good job but not much fun. Only bought this in December but a week with a S3 courtesy car convinced me I'm in the wrong Quattro. S3 should arrive late April - great forum.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
Hi, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Nice spec on your new car. Glad you like the forum. Enjoy. :) x

Hi folks. Very excited by my new S3 order with the following spec - Sportback, S Tronic, Mythos Black, Lunar Silver Nappa leather, Pan roof, Tech pack, Comfort pack, non smoking pack, 3D design, privacy glass, interior light pack, audi sound system, folding mirrors and hill hold assist. Currently driving a Q5 S Line Plus S tronic which has done a good job but not much fun. Only bought this in December but a week with a S3 courtesy car convinced me I'm in the wrong Quattro. S3 should arrive late April - great forum.

Q5 only lasted 2 months then, that's not long at all - how come you needed a courtesy car in a short amount of time?

I know - Q5 had a couple of scratches on delivery which was unacceptable. I agreed to take delivery of the car on the basis they polished them out, as the dealer is 120 miles from home they sent a S3 on a trailer one Saturday and picked up the Q5. They tried to make it the least disruptive as possible so had the S3 until the following Saturday. Needless to say I fell in love with the car! Q5 residuals are so strong that the depreciation was minimal so worthwhile doing!

To be fair I didn't think about the replacement until I drove it. It was the salesmans car, suspect the Sales Manager told him to give up his car as he should have checked the car for damage before handover. Have bought the S3 from the same dealer for ease, good discount and the salesman is a decent bloke. On the SQ5, once you load it up with options its pretty pricey and besides I don't need the space - I drive to the station and back, most I put in the boot is a laptop bag! In fairness, the Q5 was probably the wrong car in the first place.

Great spec, and not Sepang either.
My friend had an SQ5 he didn't really like it all............ kept it all of six months.

Welcome to the forum. You've made a great choice moving from a Q5 to an S3. What made you go for the Q5 in the first place?

We recently moved to a small village and felt the 3 series I had at the time would be a nightmare in the winter - indeed it was; tramlining, had to take corners slow to not lose the back end and useless in the snow. So looked at a Quattro - so Q3 then Q5 and settled on that. Not a bad car by any stretch. Thought about a 320dXdrive also.