New S3 fuel?!

Tried a 50 mile route with 30mph town roads and 70mph dual carriageways, it's fairly easy to push above 35 mpg. Still using Tesco Momentum.
efd6a7856b86c352abb18a0f536f2ec0.jpg

Reactions: Ross1, Richierich37 and samo26
Just looking through some of my old pics and found this, of it makes you feel any better. Trip gets zeroed every time I fill up so that is 211.3 from full to 10 miles left.

15432EF3-AF43-4AC9-9900-8688E5D11F9E.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Richierich37 and Audi Bairn
Did a 153 mile trip over the weekend & used half a tank. Not sure if it's normal but I wasn't giving it the beans was averaging 28-29 mpg. I take it that's the norm? If you were to get it any higher you would have to drive it even more like a baby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Did a 153 mile trip over the weekend & used half a tank. Not sure if it's normal but I wasn't giving it the beans was averaging 28-29 mpg. I take it that's the norm? If you were to get it any higher you would have to drive it even more like a baby?

Seems reasonable. I've never seen more than 300 miles from a tank but my usual commute is only a 15 mile round trip.

I did however have a 200 mile round trip at the weekend (don't normally do long journeys) and got 31ish MPG doing a reasonable speed which I was quite impressed by.

How many miles have you done? That makes a difference until about the 8k mark. I'm on 4k.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Using brim-to-brim re-fueling is the only way to get accurate MPG. And I think you need to average that over several fill ups.

Compared to brim-to-brim I've found the on-board MPG average display a little optimistic, but should be consistently so for comparison. Having said that, driving conditions even over the same journey can vary somewhat day-to-day in my opinion (traffic, weather, detailed driving style, etc).

All this makes it very hard to do anything other than anecdotal comparison of fuel sources, given than at best the likely difference between them is only going to be a few % in MPG. Trying to drive consistently shows my tank-to-tank variation in that order anyway using the same fuel... :-(

To be fair, the MPG doesn't bother me that much, I've seen the comments and you wouldn't buy this car to worry about MPG. But coming from a previous car that was fairly decent in MPG it's just a change I suppose. I have done just over 2.2k miles, think the long term MPG over them miles is 24mpg. I love the car,'it's a great car for what I use it for. I think I'm driving it far too much. Shall give it a year or so and see where my finance is at and perhaps trade it in.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and azibux1
Using brim-to-brim re-fueling is the only way to get accurate MPG. And I think you need to average that over several fill ups.

Compared to brim-to-brim I've found the on-board MPG average display a little optimistic, but should be consistently so for comparison. Having said that, driving conditions even over the same journey can vary somewhat day-to-day in my opinion (traffic, weather, detailed driving style, etc).

All this makes it very hard to do anything other than anecdotal comparison of fuel sources, given than at best the likely difference between them is only going to be a few % in MPG. Trying to drive consistently shows my tank-to-tank variation in that order anyway using the same fuel... :-(
Yeah I use the fuelly app and quite like it :D Shows great stats