New S or RS - Sourcing One!

jaypers777

Reaction score
We are all well aware of the delays and issues with new car builds at the moment. Just so happened that was in my local dealership yesterday as my S3 was in for MOT and brake fluid change.

Had a long chat with the salesman. I’ve had my S3 from new and it’s 7 years old this month. Absolutely love the car but I’m in a situation where I am getting the itch to change it. Have considered somethIng completely different like a 911 but keep going back to the idea of either a new S3 or even an RS3. Got my doubts about the RS as perhaps as I am a little older now, it might seem an odd fit.

My requirements would be Vorsprung and Merlin Purple exclusive paint. As will be no surprise, Vorsprungs are incredibly hard to estimate build times due to the chip shortage and all of the tech. Also turns out that the company that makes the panoramic roofs has also gone under. With regards to new RS, the dealer said he is seeing those changing hands for £20k over list price as they are so rare.

So my dilemma is whether to just put an order in and forget about it, get something else, or just keep enjoying my existing S3?

Put your order in and forget you did for at least the next 10 months the price of the Vorsprung models went up by £3k yesterday

We are all well aware of the delays and issues with new car builds at the moment. Just so happened that was in my local dealership yesterday as my S3 was in for MOT and brake fluid change.

Had a long chat with the salesman. I’ve had my S3 from new and it’s 7 years old this month. Absolutely love the car but I’m in a situation where I am getting the itch to change it. Have considered somethIng completely different like a 911 but keep going back to the idea of either a new S3 or even an RS3. Got my doubts about the RS as perhaps as I am a little older now, it might seem an odd fit.

My requirements would be Vorsprung and Merlin Purple exclusive paint. As will be no surprise, Vorsprungs are incredibly hard to estimate build times due to the chip shortage and all of the tech. Also turns out that the company that makes the panoramic roofs has also gone under. With regards to new RS, the dealer said he is seeing those changing hands for £20k over list price as they are so rare.

So my dilemma is whether to just put an order in and forget about it, get something else, or just keep enjoying my existing S3?

Where did you see about the company that makes pan roofs going bust?

I’m still waiting on my S3 order (pan roof included) but you’ve got me nervous now….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you see about the company that makes pan roofs going bust?

I’m still waiting on my S3 order (pan roof included) but you’ve got me nervous now….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salesman was telling me about it.

There's been a lot of Rs3's built with panoramic roofs....and if it where the case no cars would be fitted with one
Maybe they were in stock. The company who manufactures them has folded.

People paying "overs" have lost their minds imho as they will never see that back once supply gets back to normal. I'd go for the RS, just place an order and forget it for the next 9 months! FYI though I think exclusive colours are no more at least for the time being.

Re age, I don't think it is an issue for any of the RS cars eg just get what you want and stuff anyone elses opinion(s).

TX.

Maybe they were in stock. The company who manufactures them has folded.
So l heard months ago....but if true its unusual for such a huge factory/company to go out business....plus Audi letting them go out of business....? As this would f@@k Audi and no doubt other car manufacturers up into the bargain

It's quite possible that the salesman is talking out of his behind.

You would think that Audi don't source major components from fly-by-night minnow suppliers and would have an inkling as to the financial health of their suppliers.
It's quite possible that the company thats "gone bust" is in fact insolvent and has appointed adminstrators who would firstly look to keep the business operating as a going concern and to find a purchaser, or look to restructure the business and only as a last option wind it up and liquidate it's assets.

Reactions: Jassyo06
It’s interesting you say about the sunroof manufacturer… my partner has a new Qashqai on order. She’s had it delayed from November to March. The reason is due to a shortage of pan roofs. There could be “some” truths in this.

It's quite possible that the salesman is talking out of his behind.

You would think that Audi don't source major components from fly-by-night minnow suppliers and would have an inkling as to the financial health of their suppliers.
It's quite possible that the company thats "gone bust" is in fact insolvent and has appointed adminstrators who would firstly look to keep the business operating as a going concern and to find a purchaser, or look to restructure the business and only as a last option wind it up and liquidate it's assets.
Random post but Using the term "going concern" makes me think your a financier/accountant (like myself)