new model MPG and interior LEDs

smouthound

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Expecting delivery of my black edition quattro 45 TFSI (UK spec) in next 3-4 weeks

Anyone got real world experience of MPG? Would be keen to hear what you are getting typically (please state imperial or US)

Also, has anyone got the basic (white only not not ambient) LED interior lights? - what do you think of this base set? not too bad?

In the UK the ambient LED system is only available in a £1,900 pack with B&O sound system - and I am nearly deaf - so it was not worth it to me.

cheers

alan

Hi mate, congrats on the imminent new arrival! We have a 2017 S5 with extended LED and the A6 40tdi S Line with just the basic white LED set up. The white lights are just ok. I would say its better than having none but its not going to impress you. However the B & O sound systems are not very good either so you did the right thing by not speccing the comfort and sound pack.
Have been looking at the A7 again recently as can get a 55TFSI for 410 a month but too similar to my wifes A6 plus the interior on her A6 rattles like mad.

Reactions: smouthound
Hi mate, congrats on the imminent new arrival! We have a 2017 S5 with extended LED and the A6 40tdi S Line with just the basic white LED set up. The white lights are just ok. I would say its better than having none but its not going to impress you. However the B & O sound systems are not very good either so you did the right thing by not speccing the comfort and sound pack.
Have been looking at the A7 again recently as can get a 55TFSI for 410 a month but too similar to my wifes A6 plus the interior on her A6 rattles like mad.

Thanks Simon - that's very helpful! A 55tfsi for 410 is a bargain! .........Shocked to hear about the A6 - I saw some early reviews of first production A7 MKII said there was a creaking from the dash - but apparently these have been sorted since. My car was n QC for 15 days! Just left the factor today. So if it rattles after that, I will be chasing them. Also, the A7s I test-drove where completely rattle free, which gave me confidence - and if it's a widespread problem it must be fixable.

Yeah my wifes A6 was one of the first so that could be it however this is my second S5 and both have had to go in multiple times with rattles. My Golf R never had a single creak or groan!
Any sign of any I would get it straight in to Audi. Fingers crossed you wont experience any though!
Yeah £410 is not bad especially with Comfort and Sound pack included. Not keen to go ahead just because from the driver seat its exactly the same as our A6. Like to have two different cars.

Reactions: smouthound