New Member, New car and an issue.

AdamskiQuattro

Reaction score
Hello all,
Please be nice as it's my first post! :)

I have recently upgraded from my b6 a4 with the 2.0 alt engine to the b7 a4 avant 2.0tfsi quattro.
Since I had the car, I've put some 18 inch a5 alloys on it and tinted the windows to make it look a bit nicer :)
Pics attached, let me know what you guys think :)
20160226 145539

20160305 154756

There is only one issue I have. There seems to be a strange noise coming from the first section of the exhaust ( local to the engine) or maybe engine noise even.
Here's a vid:
https://sendvid.com/doqc7ajj

Any help would be appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum pal unfortunately I can't help you with the noise.....it maybe me but that sounds quite rough for a petrol.

Sounds exactly the same as my tfsi mate, ive got a slight blow in the Y section of my exhaust, just assumed its the exhaust sound and a bit of turbo noise too.
Mines been like it for nearly 2 years now and ive had no issues with it.

Thanks guys, I think it might be a perished flexi connector on the exhaust, i'll probably take it apart next weekend.
Any advice where to source replacement exhaust parts?
I tried a few places but with no luck (apart from TPS which quoted me £600 for just the middle section...)

Ive not seen any anywhere mate, not for reasonable prices anyway.
Im slowly saving up to get a custom cat back made at some point, seems the most cost effective way of replacing the exhaust i can think of.

hi and welcome , nice to see another avant owner aswell, you'll find all answers to all your question here plus much more its a great forum chap.
Anyway, very nice car there and nice to see you starting do some upgrades aswell.
I cant really expand on your noise to be honest as these cars do seem to comeup with numerous clonks, rattles and pings but I expect someone will be along shorly with a definitive answer for you.
On the mods front I think you need to get the front down really , go for a lowering spring kit or similar, it makes a massive improvement , but the the A5 alloys have a larger offset than you really need on the front and tend to give a tractor look, its not the wheels themselves but the offset that is pushing them out more .
try lowering the front and see how it looks then, all trial and error , but that's half the fun with these things, anyways nice car and hope you enjoy your time here.
rob

Reactions: Sandra
Seems like a stainless steel will be the way forward then - just need to see what is available out there :)

I have already started looking for some springs, think I'll go for the Eibach Pro kit (-30mm). Just need to make sure my wheels will still fit after ;)

In the future, I'd like to get the remap done - but might wait to get the exhaust sorted first!

by the look of your car it doesn't have the s-line pack fitted so 30mm should be ok, H&R is better at 45mm allround as the Quattro's seem to look better on that kit, I have an s-line so its already 25mm lower than standard ride hide, going to 30mm is only 5mmm less on the front which wasn't really worth it to be honest, hence why the 45mm springs worked out better, that's 20mm drop over standard and get the wheel arch gap just right without being too low...

Correct, it's the standard springs not the s-line ones. I'm just worried if I go too low the wheels will rub on the arches.
any particular places got them cheap? or just search on ebay etc?

Correct, it's the standard springs not the s-line ones. I'm just worried if I go too low the wheels will rub on the arches.
any particular places got them cheap? or just search on ebay etc?

ebay.de have a good amount of spring kits from various brands and at very good prices , a lot are less than half UK prices and to be honest a much quicker delivery service too.