new keys ?

basil brush

Reaction score
hi peeps, i think i've taken the plunge and bought an S3 !!!!!!!
With them at an all time low and add the fact i've always liked them and got on with my A3 really well i've wanted to add an S3 to the fold as a long term rolling resoration to a really OEM+ future classic .
the only real let down on the car is A,no heated seats but hey ho and B,no spare keys !!! Just 1 flip key .
so my question is what are my options to add at least 1 more flip key as a spare ?
baz

According to my very limited knowledge you will just need a blank key fob with a transponder in it then the key will have to be coded (I assume this will be done by using VAG COM and the existing key). I would also like to know what everyone else thinks 'cause I have only one key for my A3 and the battery seems to be going flat, not sure if I can just replace the battery or if the key will need to be coded again.

Thanks for the correction tuffty :) and sorry basil for the incorrect info.

Thanks for the usual spot on advice Paul
However the dope selling the car , swapped it for a Clio from right under my feet !!!
On the upside I've invested in basil and treated him to a bilstein/Eibach Christmas present so will be keeping him