New headlights s3 8l facelift

Caddywon

Reaction score
Recently I have been on e Bay trying to find new headlights for my s3 8l facelift as mine are old muggy and deterating.. I keep finding a3 ones which seem like they should be fine but alot of the sellers say not for s3 models.. And I have yet to find s3 so called lights for sale.. Does anyone know if a3 8l lights will be fine or will I have problems.?? Any help would be great! Cheers

Ebay a3 one’s will be halogen and not xenon

Definitely contact t8ups them lights are well better than the standard ones

Sounds good but I'm Australia so that could be a problem.

All aftermarket headlights are halogen based... if you want xenon then you could retrofit them to the aftermarket lights either by using a HID kit or xenon/bi-xenon projector replacement...

Fitting a HID kit is the easiest way but halogen cut off pattern is different and may well be illegal in Aus so you would have to check that out... or take the unit apart and retrofit an aftermarket bi-xenon projector unit... (pretty much what the t8ups units are)

T8ups has sent a few of these to Aus so shouldn't be an issue

<tuffty/>

Reactions: t8ups
Right sounds good thanks a heap.. Just out of interest can you fit normal halogen a3 lights? And ifso is there much difference?

Right sounds good thanks a heap.. Just out of interest can you fit normal halogen a3 lights? And ifso is there much difference?

They would fit... they are larger projectors than S3 xenons too... not sure on the wiring but I believe they should just plug in...

Output will be determined by the bulbs you use but given S3 xenons are next to useless you could be better off..

I used aftermarket halogens headlights and retro fitted bi-xenons in

<tuffty/>

Awesome thanks mate.. Sounds good see how I go..

The current commercially available LEDs typically give fairly poor light patterns from what I have read... bright but only in a 'direct' way... no light bleeds off outside the LEDs directionality if you see what I mean so don't get as much light to the sides

<tuffty/>

The current commercially available LEDs typically give fairly poor light patterns from what I have read... bright but only in a 'direct' way... no light bleeds off outside the LEDs directionality if you see what I mean so don't get as much light to the sides

<tuffty/>

explained like a pro. Plug and play LED kits are crap, the hype of 90000 lumens is bull.

I can build these to order still, bit more than the GB price as I cant negotiate discount on 1 set at a time where as on the GB I got 15sets so got the price right down of the housings.

You can PM or email us on sales@emtuning.co.uk

A couple of oz kids are asking about my headlights @t8ups ... there’s also a small group of TT owners... maybe time for another GB?

I've been in touch with t8ups regarding a set within next month but would be keen to get in the group buy if it brings the cost down.

if there is interest then I'm more than happy to do a GB again on the lamps and get the options up and GB price, but we do need 10 people for me to get enough discount on the housings as when I buy them separate they are nearly double the price to purchase which is what puts the price up for the individual sets.

Give me till tonight to make enquiries and we can get this going again pretty sharpish as no point trying to get it doe for like May.

Trups

Count me in for a GB on the housings, I’ve already purchased the lamps etc (from @t8ups) but if I can get the housings any cheaper all the better