New exhaust needed... What to go for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 138002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 138002

Evening all,

Hope everyone has had a nice Easter! The original exhaust on my A4 has bitten the dust, a backbox needs replacement and the mid section is blowing too, mechanic reckons too far gone to repair. I've had some prices from Audi (through the mechanic) for a replacement OEM exhaust, and it's looking like the best part of a grand to get the bits I need, as apparently it is a one piece system and you can't replace individual bits after the cat?

So I'm interested in going aftermarket, hoping to keep similar volume to stock as its a daily driver, but would be nice to get a full stainless system on it. I've heard good things about Milltek, but that's about it -- so any input on what you guys would be doing in my situation would be great! Would like to spend up to £700 really but again not sure on what these things cost.

Best Regards,
Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack Kelly
I’d say go for a custom exhaust your get a cat back stainless steel from a good company for no more than £500-600 for a twin exit exhaust, plus you have the ability to fine tune the sound you want with the company you choose and the tailpipe design, just don’t use mij in Walsall I spent about £700 on a downpipe and catback and it was a piece of s**t.

Reactions: martin1984 and Michael Holloway
Milltek seem to be the most popular but I find them quite tame. They are around that money and a stainless one will give you a lifetime warranty, you will probably want the resonated version.
I agree with Ricky above as a custom one is likely to be more flexible if you do want a different sound.
I have a 4.2 B7 and they are so boring, I am in the same boat as you wondering where to go.