New driveway and car maintenance

Rjw76

Reaction score
So, next week we are having our new block placing driveway laid, which will look great, but as someone who does a lot of work on my car myself, I’m worried about ruining the driveway the first time I drip a bit of oil, underseal, brake fluid, etc, etc. Does anyone else juggle the desire to work on their car without spoiling a modern driveway? I’d be interested to know what you do - I‘ve thought about getting a large tarpaulin to drive the car onto when I work on it, or is it just a case of being super careful? What do you guys do?

It’s unavoidable. I remember my last house a delivery guy pulled his old van into my drive and when he left there was oil stains. Rarely work on my cars now other than swap winter wheels over.
my folks got a coating on their monoblocking years ago and the guy comes round and cleans, coat and put sand down every couple of years and theirs looks pretty good considering it’s 15 years old. Maybe look into a coating.

Just stick an old sheet or towel down under the drain bucket in case of any spillage. This is what i do :)