New Car Detail

nickatkinson

Reaction score
So. I spent the day detailing my new car today. Unfortunately the Manchester weather got the better of me and I couldnt apply the final coat of wax, but did get a sealant on so all is good.

The car was picked up on Friday and asked the dealer not to wash, which I think was honoured. The paint was in really good nick with a few bits of transportation wax and residue and a few swirls mainly on the bonnet.

The process was:
1) snow foam using lance and Autofinesse Avalanche (mixed with hot water)
2) jet wash off after around 10 minutes or so
3) wash using the 2 bucket method and a Microfibre madness washmit instead of the usual lambs wool one.
4) Clayed using Bilt Hamber soft clay and Autofinesse glide
5) polished by hand due to how minor the defects were. Used Lake Counry red light polishing pads and Balckfire Gloss enhancing polish. buffed off after each panel.
6) Sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond using the Balckfire applicator and Swisswax micro
7) was going to use the Blackfire Carnuaba wax but the rain started.
8) sealed wheels with Hi temp paste wax
9) sealed exhausts with the hi temp paste wax
8) dressed tyres using Endurance
9) Cleaned windows using cheap window cleaner. Will seal with G technic when the weather is better.
10) detailed inside mainly with an anti static cleaner and leather protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pulp84, Dtwm1, scotty76 and 1 other person
Managed to get the wax coat on today in between Gail force winds, snow, sleet and rain. The results of the Blackfire wet diamond and midnight sun paste wax are amazing and even though I have used the wet diamond before, was surprised how good the paint looks. It's so easy to use also. Some images of the paint after the detail yesterday and wax today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Great to see, lovely job. I still think it's worth using tried and tested methods and quality products.

Well done Nick. How you finding keeping it clean? I keep getting dirty/dusty rain down here in the South East and have noticed how much this shows up on sepang.

Well done Nick. How you finding keeping it clean? I keep getting dirty/dusty rain down here in the South East and have noticed how much this shows up on sepang.

Hi, got to be honest it gets a layer of dust pretty quickly but it doesn't really detract from the colour too much, just annoys me a bit. Now that the sun has come out, I have noticed a few swirls that I missed on the detail which is a bit of a pain, only visible in bright sun.

I plan to use the midnight sun instant detailer each wash to keep the products on longer and probably do a full machine polish in around October and reapply the same products.