New calipers, brake pedal to floor

marlow77

Reaction score
So I've already done a forum search, not really gotten anything concrete from it.

Had discs and pads changed all round on my 2000 APY with just ONE rear caliper requiring replacement. It was the nearside, got replaced, brakes all good, pedal in exact same spot as before they got done.

However a few weeks afterwards I had constant brake squeal and binding to discover the OFFSIDE rear actually should've been replaced aswell but it seemed ok at the time. So we replace this and now a whole new story; pedal to floor after full bleed.

Mechanic discovers a slight leak in the long old pipe running up to the caliper, replace this, ZERO DIFFERENCE. ABS and tractnio control lights were both on and a plug in said it was ABS wheel speed sensor which coincidentally was on the same wheel. Not sure if that can in anyway have some odd effect but it was replaced also and both lights are now off, ABS and TC fully working.

The brakes work fine but only once you've travelled 3 football pitches on the pedal to get there. Why has it happened now just changing ONE caliper when a full brake overhaul didn't alter a thing?