New Audi, Any Regrets?

I have heard others mention the vents in the FL model are not as good. What's the difference? As I never paid much attention when I test drive a PFL model last year.

PFL vents you can pull and push the inner diameter which varies the size of the opening giving you a more focused jet of air. I’ve used mine like this last few days it’s much more effective.

Easy retrofit for all you FL boys.

Reactions: AL_B and Jassyo06
PFL vents you can pull and push the inner diameter which varies the size of the opening giving you a more focused jet of air. I’ve used mine like this last few days it’s much more effective.

Easy retrofit for all you FL boys.

I was one of the lucky ones that got these push/pull vents on my FL. Really nice touch as you can get a waft of cool air or a jetstream if you really need to cool down quickly!

Reactions: AL_B and Rob2k68
Not ticking the option that has the car administer a non-lethal shock to next doors cat, when it sits on the boot after I've just cleaned it.

Reactions: SamP97, Rob2k68, SILVAF0XX and 1 other person
Only regrets so far;

Audi being a bit cheap on everything compared to my old S3.

S line Seats - Where have the alcantara shoulder parts gone?
S Line Steering wheel
New air vents that are **** as you can't diffuse the air anymore
And WHAT THE HELL are flaming Hankook tires doing on my £37,500 Audi. I didn't buy a chuffing Dacia you know. :(

Same build & dealership & mine came with Contis...

I have no real regrets but I do have some annoyances:

1) I don't like the fact that the MMI screen pops up every time I start the car. I find it irritating and largely unnecessary with the virtual cockpit displays so I often have it closed.
2) I also find the if music playback (or radio) is muted/paused then quite often it will start playing again next time the car is started but at a very low volume.
3) The steering is sort of OK but feels too vague in comfort and too taught in dynamic whilst lacking feedback on any setting.
4) Stop/start just annoys me and makes me feel like I'm going to crash when the steering locks up!

But despite the gripes I do love the car and if Audi said I could give it back and my money refunded I'd say "No".

Reactions: Rob2k68

1) I don't like the fact that the MMI screen pops up every time I start the car. I find it irritating and largely unnecessary with the virtual cockpit displays so I often have it closed.
2) I also find the if music playback (or radio) is muted/paused then quite often it will start playing again next time the car is started but at a very low volume.
3) The steering is sort of OK but feels too vague in comfort and too taught in dynamic whilst lacking feedback on any setting.
4) Stop/start just annoys me and makes me feel like I'm going to crash when the steering locks up!

But despite the gripes I do love the car and if Audi said I could give it back and my money refunded I'd say "No".

1) I am going from an 8 inch Golf R touch screen - and I know I will miss this to a 7 inch pop up display. I know I will be annoyed by lack of touch as there is no doubt it is easier to touch it than use a wheel specially with Android Auto. But I am pretty confident the VC will alleviate that pain!

4) Its not just on the Audi - I think thats common on all cars; my R is the same. It turns off when coasting; or changing lanes in slow traffic so I hit the button. Such an annoying feature.

1) I'm sure there was a VCDS mod you could do to make the MMI stay down
2) Is that enough to bug you? Sheesh ;-)
3) Yeah, steering has never been an Audi strong point, nor is suspension
4) I just flick the gear lever to the left as I'm pulling up. This puts it into manual and stop/start doesn't come on when in manual. Just flick to the right as you pull away :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
1) I'm sure there was a VCDS mod you could do to make the MMI stay down
2) Is that enough to bug you? Sheesh ;-)
3) Yeah, steering has never been an Audi strong point, nor is suspension
4) I just flick the gear lever to the left as I'm pulling up. This puts it into manual and stop/start doesn't come on when in manual. Just flick to the right as you pull away :)

With the VC don't use the pop up screen much. Don't use the MMI control much either when on the move mostly use the steering controls connected to the VC.

Anyone with any regrets??? well they didn't really do there homework to be honest.... Is it regrets now or just niggles? As everyone has these with every car they've owned or will own, and my one and only niggle was the bouncy suspension, which is inherent in all S3's to a extent, so hopefully my saloon will handle a good bit better? We'll see

Anyone with any regrets??? well they didn't really do there homework to be honest.... Is it regrets now or just niggles? As everyone has these with every car they've owned or will own, and my one and only niggle was the bouncy suspension, which is inherent in all S3's to a extent, so hopefully my saloon will handle a good bit better? We'll see

Mine are niggles not regrets.

Reactions: Jassyo06