New A6 - Tech pack yes or no?

Can I ask what alerted you to the pre sense update ? Mines going on Friday for the various alerts going off randomly, for the second time as well.

Can I ask what alerted you to the pre sense update ? Mines going on Friday for the various alerts going off randomly, for the second time as well.

To be honest, I don't know. Other than multiple alerts going off one after the other, it didn't seem to have any triggers as to the reason it started going off. They lasted for about an hour, when we’d finished shopping, got into the car and all the faults has cleared.

Theres a red icon that occasionally comes up too, looks like a red exclamation on a red underscore at the top near the Pre-sense/lane assist but i’ll be honest, haven’t had the time to look it up in the manual yet‍

It first did it after about 3 days of ownership and I figured it was cos the sensors or camera’s is uses were covered in dirty/salty dried rain water.

It was the suggestion when I rang up from my local dealer that said it needed a software update as they’d had another x2 in recently (not just A6’s) than needed to goto a larger main dealer as only they had the calibration tools.

Let me know how you get on, yours is getting looked at 3 days before mine.

Yeah I can’t pin point a trigger nor could Bath Audi in July when it went in. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Theres a red icon that occasionally comes up too, looks like a red exclamation on a red underscore at the top near the Pre-sense/lane assist but i’ll be honest, haven’t had the time to look it up in the manual yet‍

Sounds like your Distance Warning is triggering/false detecting and causing a chain reaction so to speak with other alerts and driving aids. Page 165 for reference

Attachments

• 84F8C3FC-5499-4952-81C2-92C7791234AF.jpeg
    84F8C3FC-5499-4952-81C2-92C7791234AF.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 144
If purchasing car - a must for resale if disposal under 3-4 years from new.

If leasing. I would not bother. It is riddled with errors and whilst looks exceptional, usability is a woeful attempt. The touch screen is a lethal hazard whilst driving. No other interface options.

Forget entering favourite sat nav destinations. They are regularly wiped along with recent destinations.

If these simple yet fundamental errors made their way to market, it makes one wonder where the software engineering skills are being diverted - possibly a better attempt at hiding the emissions defeat mechanism

The touch screen is a lethal hazard whilst driving.

Audi have got my Avant again, while they try to fix my non-closing tailgate and I've been given another A5 sportback. I must admit, I much prefer the A6 touch screen, it is far more intuitive to use, than the dial MMI control IMO.

The silver does look beautiful. I’m still swaying towards Daytona I think, anyone silver and black edition?

oh yes, I initially ordered the daytona grey, but dealer made mistake on my order and it was replaced by silver.
I loved the combination. Specially if you have the sunroof like mine, which will make even nicer once is all black.
IMG 3618

To be honest, I don't know. Other than multiple alerts going off one after the other, it didn't seem to have any triggers as to the reason it started going off. They lasted for about an hour, when we’d finished shopping, got into the car and all the faults has cleared.

It first did it after about 3 days of ownership and I figured it was cos the sensors or camera’s is uses were covered in dirty/salty dried rain water.

It was the suggestion when I rang up from my local dealer that said it needed a software update as they’d had another x2 in recently (not just A6’s) than needed to goto a larger main dealer as only they had the calibration tools.

Let me know how you get on, yours is getting looked at 3 days before mine.

no fix for the alarms, Audi is apparently working on a fix. So I will have to wait.

no fix for the alarms, Audi is apparently working on a fix. So I will have to wait.

So mines had a full explanation but i’m not overly happy with it and it seems like a bit of a cop out.

I was told that there are “pre-sense” camera’s at the front of the car behind the grill, the reason for the errors is that if for any reason the camera’s cant see anything for 77sec’s or more (could be sun, dirty rain water, frost etc), it sends an error to the dash and essentially switches off all the other pre-sense detection options until the camera recover sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I popped into the dealer I bought the car from and the guys in there also tell me that there is a known issue and an “enhancement” will be out and we will contacted for a fix.

I popped into the dealer I bought the car from and the guys in there also tell me that there is a known issue and an “enhancement” will be out and we will contacted for a fix.

I e-mailed my sales guy last night as he was supposed to touch base after i’d been in to have it diagnosed but given that it was day before xmas eve, i’ll let him off

He sounded genuinely concerned and will be taking it up with the service manager as they’ve apparently had a few of these faults recently (not just with A6’s)

I’m hoping that now he’s on the case, not only will this enhancement be identified, but we’ll be given an ETA for it and that all cars with this potential issue will be recalled to get fixed.

On another positive note, I did discover the other day that not only does the Windscreen, Rear Screen and Headlights have a wash jet, but also the rear view parking camera too. That made my day.

Am also LOVING the LED Matrix Headlights at night. Never had a car with this much visibility when its dark.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another positive note, I did discover the other day that not only does the Windscreen, Rear Screen and Headlights have a wash jet, but also the rear view parking camera too. That made my day.
Am also LOVING the LED Matrix Headlights at night. Never had a car with this much visibility when its dark.

Oh amazing, I didn’t know it had that feature!

Fully agree with you on the Matrix lights, they are brilliant! I suppose I should consider moving out of London zone 2 to somewhere with “real” A roads and unlit streets!

I had the HD version, before they removed the option. Don’t know what the difference is between normal and HD but they are class.

mane fingers crossed they get an enhancement out soon, these alarms are doing my head in. Also the drivers memory doesn’t always work and I’ve lost nearly 200miles off a tank of fuel since thee errors started. I’m getting about 500 with another 30 to go, I was getting 650 ish. I’m driving it in economy and it’s not getting better.