New A3 Picked Up

Blackforce

Reaction score
Been hovering on the forums since i ordered my A3 sport back in December. Picked it up on the 1st but have been too busy to post. Not sure who loves it more, my misses or me.

AudiA3

Loving the car so far. Only 2 things are slightly annoying.

1) No foot rest by the accelerator pedal - When cruise control is activated you have no where to stick your foot. My mark 6 golf a rest to the right of the accelerator like the one on the left. How stupid!!! No where to stretch your leg if you need to on long runs.

2) The doors - On my golf the doors when opened used to have a defined sort of stop around 45 degrees. Like a sort of brake so you don't open them all the way in 1 move. The new car the doors open all the way without that brake. There is a slight brake but no where near as defined as the golf. Is this right? Do they get more defined as they get used?

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Hi B/F welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new car ;o)

Number 1 in afraid you're stuck with I tend not to use C/C so don't have this issue but can understand you'd miss it from the Golf after all it's a similar size car for the footwell and pedal box package.

Number 2 however I feel your pain. My drive is between two houses so I have to make sure I'm far enough over so my 4 y/o doesn't open the doors fully by accident. I suspect that this has been sorted on the saloon (@pburv ?) but not sure if a retro fit is in any way possible.

Reactions: pburv

Number 1 in afraid you're stuck with I tend not to use C/C so don't have this issue but can understand you'd miss it from the Golf after all it's a similar size car for the footwell and pedal box package.

Number 2 however I feel your pain. My drive is between two houses so I have to make sure I'm far enough over so my 4 y/o doesn't open the doors fully by accident. I suspect that this has been sorted on the saloon (@pburv ?) but not sure if a retro fit is in any way possible.

Yes - you get a stop halfway on the saloon.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68

Yep there is a defined stop when you open the door but I would say it doesn't have a strong feel to it if you know what I mean....:blink:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Lovely car, fancy picking it up at a wedding?

Welcome to the forum....

Reactions: pburv