New A3 ordered, registration date query

Dave Cornwell

Reaction score
I have am just about to sign the order form for a new factory specified Audi A3 Sportback which won't be ready until April 2017. I just noticed on the actual top of the order form it has written <Registration Date 30.01.2017> Is this normal just for the paperwork, a mistake , or a con? I don't want a new car that is three months old according to the registration document! Help please!
Dave

Best contact your Dealership mate, but Audi wouldnt con you with a pre registered car

Well I would hope not. Nothing was mentioned about a pre-registered car. Don't see how it could be anyway as it hasn't been built yet. But I have emailed the finance manager at the dealership to clarify. Watch this space!

I have am just about to sign the order form for a new factory specified Audi A3 Sportback which won't be ready until April 2017. I just noticed on the actual top of the order form it has written <Registration Date 30.01.2017> Is this normal just for the paperwork, a mistake , or a con? I don't want a new car that is three months old according to the registration document! Help please!
Dave
It could be one they've got in the system already. Dealers often order cars for stock and when someone orders one (like you), they will just change the existing order. Means you get the car quicker!

Maybe. Well mid-April is not that quick and they checked stock. But why didn't they tell me and it will still be 3 months old and not a 17 plate when I get it and will have two owners as not registered in my name. All that will devalue it further down the line. I really hope this isn't what they are doing.

Maybe. Well mid-April is not that quick and they checked stock. But why didn't they tell me and it will still be 3 months old and not a 17 plate when I get it and will have two owners as not registered in my name. All that will devalue it further down the line. I really hope this isn't what they are doing.

It won't be at all, I think your getting wayy ahead of yourself here. It will be as simple as "oh ignore that date, it's wrong"

3 months is a factory order and will be brand new and won't be registered until the day you pick it up

Reactions: Jassyo06 and richinsoton
Thanks for the re-assurance. That's what I was expecting/hoping to hear although I'm not sure exactly what that registration date means. My last car, my first brand new car, a Seat Leon, was exactly that. Registered on the day I picked it up.

Thanks for the re-assurance. That's what I was expecting/hoping to hear although I'm not sure exactly what that registration date means. My last car, my first brand new car, a Seat Leon, was exactly that. Registered on the day I picked it up.
I believe it'll be the registered order date. You'll be able to check on yourAudi soon enough :) You'll be getting a 17 plate!

Reactions: Jassyo06
April is a pretty fast order for Audi at the moment. Most are taking 4-6 months to come through especially if they've been specced to a high level. As said, it probably an order space that the dealer has used and it's being changed over to you. I wouldn't worry but a confirmation from the dealer will put your mind at rest.

Reactions: deanshaw24
Audi have done you a favor and changed one of their own showroom orders and put yours in place of it, that way that you get your order quicker and you're not being put to the back of the que.

Reactions: Mark_86, Sandra and The Kendragon
Many thanks for your replies. Have contacted dealer who has confirmed it will be registered on delivery and a 17 plate. Seemed a bit anxious I know but a big investment that I wanted to make sure I got right.
Dave

Reactions: The Kendragon, Scottyg and Mark_86