New 2.5TDi Quattro Tip =O)

TheTonsta

Reaction score
WooooHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

After MONTHS of deliberation (and actually saving, but let's ignore that bit..) I've finally gone and bought a TDi, and not a 2.7T as I originally was going to do.

One year old, from Gilders Audi in Sheffield. Ebony black, black electric Recaros, tip, parking sensors, the COOLEST electric window blind i've ever seen... oh and satnav plus....!!

Awesome car - just drove back to London from Sheffield and averaged 38mpg going quite quickly. It feels so much more responsive than my old 1.8T Tip.

Have been reading other posts regarding the Tiptronic box and it holding on to gears etc etc.. I have found that if you are in Sport mode on the gearbox, yes the car does hold on to gears a little longer. However a slight lift off the accelerator makes the gearbox shift up. I find that slowly squeezing the accelerator to go faster just pushes the car along in a high gear - it doesn't shift down for me. However if I use a fast movement of my right foot it shifts down pretty quickly.

With regards to chipping, contact MTM (Kim Collins Quattro www.qstuning.com) for a gearbox modification which allows the Tip box to cope with the increased torque from a chip. My car is going in next week for an increase to 205bhp or so and around 300lb ft torque. Should be fun!!

Phew.. what else? Oh, am going to go to Danny Whitrow from R&SD in Oxfordshire for some 3-piece rims to go on the car... definitely 18"s but have thought about 19"? Am a little concerned about ride quality and also tramlining - might just stick with the smaller ones!

Will post pics and further reports soon..

Oh, anyone got info/suggestions on HID Xenon conversions? I know you can get aftermarket kits - any good ???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, finally got to take it in to the boys at AmD last Wednesday for the engine and tip box remap. Problem is though that the car needs a completely new custom map because the engine/'box codes are different to any previous car - arrrrrgh!!!! All that anticipation and I had to leave with the regular engine...!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Still, never mind, got me out of the office for the day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif Car's back in next Monday so will make a report then.

.. still thinking about the Porsche brakes - 1500 squid for the fronts and even more for the backs (gulp!) wot to do wot to do.....! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif