Need some advice

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
Just finished work and pulled up at a set of lights with a work mate and had a bit of a race from the lights then all of a sudden my ESP light flashes on an there is now some sort of rubbing/rattle/grinding/knocking noise when I am driving my 1st thoughts were I had burst a drive shaft on the rear but they look ok. Is it possible I could have sheared the prop shaft bolts as the noise also sounds like its coming from the front as well as the rear.

I have just jacked the car up on the rear passenger side and the wheel was moving about while it is bolted to the car took the wheel off and had a look and found the drive shaft floating about in the back of the hub.

cc8564a3.jpg

Now have I snapped my drive shaft or is my wheel bearing away or both.

There was no noise to indicate that the wheel bearing was on its way out.

Just got word from the garage. My wheel bearing had failed causing my cv joint to break and the cv joint was banging about in the back of the hub and that damaged the bottom of the abs sensor.

It never rains just ****** down.

Up until my car broke I was a good car length ahead as soon as I heard the noise from the back end my back end went in to over drive. What have I done.

Expensive fun

£350 I got the car back yesterday morning garage showed me my old parts and what a mess they were in.

Fitted a complete hub, new cv joint and a new abs sensor.