hi to all reading this
I need help to choose air filter for my A4 cab 2.4 v6
pipercross
Simola from europarts
standard car for now
air filter then remap to 193
then lifetime exhaust
but whats the best air filter for now?

Standard Mann panel filter gets my vote. I've bought several performance filters (Pipercoss, K&N , Green, etc) over the years, & unless your going for stage 2 or 3 remap I think they're a waste of money.

hi to all reading this
I need help to choose air filter for my A4 cab 2.4 v6
pipercross
Simola from europarts
standard car for now
air filter then remap to 193
then lifetime exhaust
but whats the best air filter for now?
K&N on mine also v6... .I took all the housing out only leaving the bottom of the box in situation.... this traps the cold the air feed and re-circulates .. leave the original air flow funnel in place directing the air down onto it .. this creates a venturi . I would also recommend cutting the plastic tabs just under the hood into the vents to widen + increase the intake flow rate this is just next to drivers side headlamp ... then look at replacing the FSE fuel power boost valve... mines not remapped just simply more air , more fuel and with being the V engine means two manifolds which means quicker gas dissipated... faster in faster out than the 1.8T .

whats a FSE fuel power boost valve?
can you please show me where about they fit

whats a FSE fuel power boost valve?
can you please show me where about they fit

It's an inline fuel regulator FSE is one brand OEM do them also these are 2 of the top brands . for a rough guide ... check out the link above .... combined with an air induction kit you will gain more than a 10% re-map . Then do exhaust then re-map...

Last edited:
thanks for that info but is it worth putting a FSE on ?
Not a easy question gordy. I'm afraid this may take an essay to explain . That question all depends on your budget + your own directions you plan to go with your car ... simply putting a air filter on it's own on any car will not give you any BHP gain no matter what it says on the manufactures box .. only gives you a throutier sound and with a nice whoosh at high a rpm as it sucks in more air .. but screaming for more fuel please this engines hungry ...combined with a FSE fuel pressure valve you will notice a very reasonable acceleration response time through all the gears , you can nearly triple that initial gain if you continue onto level 3 with exhaust modifications . But let's start with just the FSE
( 1 ) depending on the tuning .
regulating the psi fettling which you can do on your own with little DIY. you will force more fuel into your cylinders under far more pressure than the standard pressurised regulator.
(2) this PSi will also depend on your stock engine power output. You will definitely see a difference although marginal compared to combined with air induction. The FSE helpline will give you the specific vehicle and its average pressure settings . This is only a guide and a slight 0.1 to 0.5 increase or even a decrease could be the boost your searching for .
I cant give you a definite BHP increase, I can only tell you of my own personal experience.
I Had ( all 3 ) modifications on my previously modified S2......
2.3 20v 5cyl coupe..... 255bhp factory standard . ( short production )
This was not the diesel quattro RS2 avant so it was much lighter and non turbo being a petrol, back then it was just 4 injectors pushing pressurized fuel into the inline 5 cylinder, which many are pleased audi returned back too yrs later to true enthusiast delight . This car engine was never fully explored too its full potential . As Audi along with all other manufactures were quickly looking at diesel as the future as it was a far lot cheaper fuel back in the 1990s. Hence the latter RS2. The same thing is kinda happening now with e-tron generation .
Getting back to the FSE will increase the injectors flow rate . And ask more of the factory
( m.a.s )
My order was; 1st air induction ( not easy ) I shall explain later .!
2nd FSE valve.
3rd full Cat bypass & mid silencer completely removed with a wider bore stainless tube to the factory exhaust back box..
Making this even more considerably lighter . On the Rolling road I hit upper levels of 360 BHP.
So yes it's worth it depending on your own ultimate goal and budget .??? At this time I sat in my garage chatting with my s2 when she asked me if fitting a Mitsubishi evo bonnet vent cut & installed this and if this was fully functional & not just for show . With perspex underlay guiding air into a after market custom air filter.
( the Bosch injection system was sat ontop of the original Airbox on the s2 ) . Making it difficult to tune . Would I purr like spitfire. I never took it back on a rolling road but the bonnet vents worked well.. the car was recognised by its engine sound and not a massive back box.
One day I shall get round to uploading a few pics of my old s2 photos . Yes it was completely unique. Along With custom freestyle bodywork to match custom engine modifications . So in summary more air means more fuel can be added to combustion at a higher flow rate this means more waste . And the exhausts job is to remove the excess air and fuel that you are forcing in out as quickly as possible . One will not work efficiently without the other. Although the short period before I got to work on the exhaust...I still noticed a big difference to throttle response times and engine tone. After the exhaust overhaul . It Was incredible acceleration and sounded very much like an american muscle car or a (spitfire ) . Hope this helps . Yes they work but need at least an air filter also in conjunction to work ... although I dont see why it wouldn't work on it's own as the ECU will just try to deliver more air .

Last edited:
If i need to replace something i always upgrade it where i can so id go for a performance panel filter, or a good quality induction kit depending on how far your taking the car tuning wise.