Need help: rear washerjet

glasgowdubber

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Looking for some help, my rear wiperjet seems to have stopped working, I can still hear the pump working when I push the lever, however nothings coming up, I know Golfs are common for this happening, but the cars only 2 1/2 years old, is it an easy fix to take this off to unblock the nozzle? If so, what should I use?

Cheers,

Chris

Hmm try unblocking the two ball beating jets with a pin or similar. Any water pouring out from the tailgate - could the hose have came adrift ? Any leaks from the washer bottle itself ?

I'm pretty sure the pump is a single unit with twin outlets, the motor reverses to pump to the rear. If you can get to the pump reverse the hose connectors in order to check for blockages along the hose routing and also the pump itself.

Reactions: pburv and glasgowdubber
Mine did the exact same thing, you could hear the motor trying to push water through, but progressively the amount coming out got less and less until it finally stopped all together. As @Rob2k68 has said, prod a needle in there to remove the blockage (could be tree sap or similar). Mine is as good as new now!

Oh and you might want to readjust the angle they point to with the pin as well, after I unblocked mine the jet was completely missing the window haha!

Reactions: pburv, glasgowdubber and Rob2k68
Hmm try unblocking the two ball beating jets with a pin or similar. Any water pouring out from the tailgate - could the hose have came adrift ? Any leaks from the washer bottle itself ?

I'm pretty sure the pump is a single unit with twin outlets, the motor reverses to pump to the rear. If you can get to the pump reverse the hose connectors in order to check for blockages along the hose routing and also the pump itself.

Mine did the exact same thing, you could hear the motor trying to push water through, but progressively the amount coming out got less and less until it finally stopped all together. As @Rob2k68 has said, prod a needle in there to remove the blockage (could be tree sap or similar). Mine is as good as new now!

Oh and you might want to readjust the angle they point to with the pin as well, after I unblocked mine the jet was completely missing the window haha!

Thanks guys wasn't sure if it was as simple as something like this. Out of interest where is the washer bottle, is it just the one under the bonnet or is there a separate bottle for the back window?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks guys wasn't sure if it was as simple as something like this. Out of interest where is the washer bottle, is it just the one under the bonnet or is there a separate bottle for the back window?

You're welcome.

It's a single bottle for front, rear and headlamp wash if you have it. Look under your bonnet and follow the filler tube down and you will see the bottle.

Reactions: glasgowdubber and pburv
As the car's less than three, I'd be taking it to a dealer and telling them to sort it under warranty...