Facelift Nano grey FL saloon, Rotor grey super sports

I'm the same, I've ordered a BE but can't decide whether to get the diffuser done so it matches the non BE (the silver along the top)

Got told today the grill and diffuser would be too hard too wrap. Would have to paint so im still undecided not sure if i want to paint it and commit.

Got told today the grill and diffuser would be too hard too wrap. Would have to paint so im still undecided not sure if i want to paint it and commit.

That's the thing with paint, don't like it, you're stuck with it.

Reactions: S3LVX
I have a pre FL dtuk box on my FL car and works perfect. been on for 3k miles with no issues. I was told it was £150 for the update. Box only cost me £150 or 170 cant remember now but deffo not worth adding another 150 to the price. I would have paid £50 or something but not £150 that's ridicules

For what I paid I am happy with it.

Wow can't believe someone is getting away using the pre facelift one. Yeah I can see how that does not make any sense.

grille too hard to wrap???

grille too hard to wrap???

That what I got told. So I went down to Tauro Wraps, near blue-water. He said to me the whole front grille and diffuser would be too difficult and wouldn't look good. The diffuser I was surprised about as that didn't look hard but the grille I suppose does look hard to wrap with all the inserts etc. Im not sure as I haven't actually seen anyone wrap it yet. I have seen 2 people spray them. Thinking that route but still undecided.
Im not quite sure If he could wrap it why he wouldn't as he said he would have to get a quote to paint it. Only parts he was willing to wrap was the mirrors and seals around the windows

Do you know anyone whos willing to wrap it and done a decent job by any chance?
I have someone looking into it will let you know what they come back with!!

Wow can't believe someone is getting away using the pre facelift one. Yeah I can see how that does not make any sense.

the FL car with 7 speed DSG uses revised software over and above the 6 speed found in the pre FL.. The firmware of the modules was updated a little while ago too and weve never used the pre-updated boxes on the 310ps due to the fact that we don't have any. On used boxes there is a charge for both the firmware and software updates. Firmware is dependent on the age of the box, which we cant trace on a used box "over the phone". So anyone that enquires is given the "worst case scenario".

Well so far I have no issues. I have logged it with VCDS and happy with the results. Not going to start an argument. It works for me and its only until I get it mapped.

At the end of the day we are upping the boost and play with how boost and revs are combined. my AFRs and knock are fine so happy days.

I can see the diffuser being hard to wrap due to the 4 'points' in between the exhaust. Whilst vinyl is conformable there is a limit, I bet that is the issue with it.

I can see the diffuser being hard to wrap due to the 4 'points' in between the exhaust. Whilst vinyl is conformable there is a limit, I bet that is the issue with it.
and I haven't seen anyone as of yet with it wrapped which confirms that it must be a pain to do.

the FL car with 7 speed DSG uses revised software over and above the 6 speed found in the pre FL.. The firmware of the modules was updated a little while ago too and were never used the pre-updated boxes on the 310ps due to the fact that we don't have any. On used boxes there is a charge for both the firmware and software updates. Firmware is dependent on the age of the box, which we cant trace on a used box "over the phone". So anyone that enquires is given the "worst case scenario".

I think that is clearer now and answers the queries that popped up on this thread

Mines coming with Daytona and Rotor Grey interior. I always like a colour contrast having come from BMW 4 series, mineral grey with coral red interior . It'll be quite nice to have a 'softer' look, as the red is now wearing on me a little! I do find an all black interior a little dull, but that's just me

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mines coming with Daytona and Rotor Grey interior. I always like a colour contrast having come from BMW 4 series, mineral grey with coral red interior . It'll be quite nice to have a 'softer' look, as the red is now wearing on me a little! I do find an all black interior a little dull, but that's just me

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That will look spot on. I am so happy i specced the rotor grey interior and im sure you will love it. The contrast work perfectly. Like you said black felt dull to me at this point in time after having black on all previous cars.
You will definitely love it

Reactions: matts19
Love the nano grey. Def would like my next Audi to be this colour.

Couple of pictures after getting lowered, spacers and dechromed. Once I get to clean it will try take some better pictures. Really happy with how it sits now with the springs and spacers and after having my last few s3's with the chrome trimming this is a welcomed change.

Attachments

• IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    815.7 KB · Views: 333
Love the nano grey. Def would like my next Audi to be this colour.

Thanks. I thought it was a bit of a marmite colour but the response has been good, everyone I have bumped into seems to really like it and I'm happy I went with it.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Hi All,

I havent posted a thread on here in a couple of years so its overdue.
So i placed an order on an a facelift S3 saloon early november and collected the car yesterday.
On the recommendation of Andrew at DTUK on his thread here I thought i would head up to Kings Lynn Audi (after popping into one of my local-Bexley audi and them being useless). I have to say it was worth the 100mile trip with the service being excellent and what you would have expected from a premium brand.
I was on the rs3 thread recently as i did was the new rs3 saloon but it is a bit too far away and a bit too much with mortgage commitments etc.
Anyway after having had 2 previous s3 saloons black and sepang and absolutely loving it, i thought i would go for Nano grey with grey supersports and Virtual cockpit.
After picking it up yesterday i love it, the colour is amazing, dark at night but soft and glossy when it catches the sun. Love the virtual cockpit and impressed with the new s tronic gearbox. The sound of the facelift puts a smile on my face too.
I was 50/50 about the rotor grey interior when ordering but glad i ordered it now after having black on all my previous cars. It complements the Nano grey nicely in my opinion.
Thought i will start a thread as monday i am getting the grill and chrome trim wrapped gloss black, short plates going on midweek. The end of the week on friday will be getting it lowered on HnR super sports i have and then HnR 20mm and 15mm spacers going.
I also have an APR intake going on at some point too. That was another perk sticking with the s3 saloon i have all the parts ready to bolt on. The only part i cant reuse is my DTUK box which i will list up on the classified section and i am told i will need a new one for the facelift.
I have also booked it in mid feb for a new car protection detail with the G techniq laquer. I have never got a car detailed so thought ill get this one done.
Overall very happy customer.

Absolutely love these pictures. I ordered mine beginning of March and, according to 'My Audi', it's been sat at the docks for 2 weeks waiting for a ship! As a consequence I probably look st these every day for a fix. Mine's pretty much identical, Nano grey with rotor grey interior too, though not SSS and with privacy glass! Can't wait!!

Reactions: S3LVX and Audi Bairn
When I ordered I couldn't decide between Scuba blue and Nano Grey.

Having almost drooled over your pictures I definitely made the right choice with Nano. Where I live there's not many FL A3 around, even less in Nano. I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh. When I ordered I spent a few minutes walking round the dealers muddy compound looking at the various colours, they only had base spec A1 in nano but that was enough to choose.

Roll on early July!

Anymore pics in the daylight?

Reactions: S3LVX, Ian Wateridge and Audi Bairn
They look to have done a good job of the de-chroming, what was involved? I guess going this route is far cheaper than buying the black-edition grill and other bits from Audi!

love the nano, originally i was looking at a naro grey RS3 but just out of my price range. Lovely car and i like the black touches, im not a fan of the chrom on my 2014 s3. I did look into wrapping the diffuser on mine but alot of companies stated that because it was plastic it wouldnt stick - eh.

Absolutely love these pictures. I ordered mine beginning of March and, according to 'My Audi', it's been sat at the docks for 2 weeks waiting for a ship! As a consequence I probably look st these every day for a fix. Mine's pretty much identical, Nano grey with rotor grey interior too, though not SSS and with privacy glass! Can't wait!!

Hi when i was ordering i was struggling to find pictures of the rotor grey. so the one i did find i was looking at them every other day. Glad these pictures came useful. Its hard to do them justice in pictures but they are a stunning contrast.
Enjoy, im sure you will love it!

Reactions: Ian Wateridge
When I ordered I couldn't decide between Scuba blue and Nano Grey.

Having almost drooled over your pictures I definitely made the right choice with Nano. Where I live there's not many FL A3 around, even less in Nano. I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh. When I ordered I spent a few minutes walking round the dealers muddy compound looking at the various colours, they only had base spec A1 in nano but that was enough to choose.

Roll on early July!

Anymore pics in the daylight?
Hi,
Thanks chris! i had sepang before so this was the other end of the spectrum. It was a toss up between daytona or nano, but im glad i went with nano, its definitely my favouite s3 to date. The colour really comes to life in the sun. I think that done it for me too, i was in the dealers and they had a nano s3 hatch; that was the deal done.
Roll on July not too long now for you now!
Your going to love it

They look to have done a good job of the de-chroming, what was involved? I guess going this route is far cheaper than buying the black-edition grill and other bits from Audi!
Hi,
It was a bit fiddly as i wanted it wrapped but mine is both wrapped and sprayed. It is a bumper off job. So the outer chrome part of the grill and so are the individual slats which come off, but the number plate recess and rest of the grill are painted. Some people just opt for the painting route to be honest but I went for both as i was getting the back diffuser (part matt, part gloss) and mirrors wrapped too. This cost me £580. i contemplated black pack but first i didnt want to fork out for it and also i prefer the wheels i have.
Hope that helps

Reactions: AL_B
love the nano, originally i was looking at a naro grey RS3 but just out of my price range. Lovely car and i like the black touches, im not a fan of the chrom on my 2014 s3. I did look into wrapping the diffuser on mine but alot of companies stated that because it was plastic it wouldnt stick - eh.

Hi,

Thanks Rob.
That weird my diffuser is wrapped but only been 2/3 months but seems fine to me. Could be worth asking a few more companies.. I wanted nardo initially but that would have been a 2k spec and long wait. So glad i went with nano. I have had a few s3's but this time i was ready to get rid of the chrome. Chrome is nice but i fancied a change.

Couple more pics off my phone

Attachments

• IMG_3965.JPG
    IMG_3965.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3948.JPG
    IMG_3948.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 210
Reactions: CHCCubs
This is a picture I took next to my partners car. She has a nimbus grey polo.
It allowed you to really see how nano comes to life in the sun

Attachments

• IMG_5523.PNG
    IMG_5523.PNG
    725.2 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: MattSedg
This is the front grilled part wrapped and painted

Attachments

• IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Joetidman, CHCCubs, MattSedg and 1 other person
This is the front grilled part wrapped and painted
Can't wait to see mine in the flesh after these photos.. great picks mate, I've ordered a nano grey saloon BE !!!!! Probably be sept pick up....

Just out of curiosity have you ever had any trouble with no space on your plate?

actually made me regret cancelling nano on my saloon! lovely colour plus best shape ;)

Hi All,

I havent posted a thread on here in a couple of years so its overdue.
So i placed an order on an a facelift S3 saloon early november and collected the car yesterday.
On the recommendation of Andrew at DTUK on his thread here I thought i would head up to Kings Lynn Audi (after popping into one of my local-Bexley audi and them being useless). I have to say it was worth the 100mile trip with the service being excellent and what you would have expected from a premium brand.
I was on the rs3 thread recently as i did was the new rs3 saloon but it is a bit too far away and a bit too much with mortgage commitments etc.
Anyway after having had 2 previous s3 saloons black and sepang and absolutely loving it, i thought i would go for Nano grey with grey supersports and Virtual cockpit.
After picking it up yesterday i love it, the colour is amazing, dark at night but soft and glossy when it catches the sun. Love the virtual cockpit and impressed with the new s tronic gearbox. The sound of the facelift puts a smile on my face too.
I was 50/50 about the rotor grey interior when ordering but glad i ordered it now after having black on all my previous cars. It complements the Nano grey nicely in my opinion.
Thought i will start a thread as monday i am getting the grill and chrome trim wrapped gloss black, short plates going on midweek. The end of the week on friday will be getting it lowered on HnR super sports i have and then HnR 20mm and 15mm spacers going.
I also have an APR intake going on at some point too. That was another perk sticking with the s3 saloon i have all the parts ready to bolt on. The only part i cant reuse is my DTUK box which i will list up on the classified section and i am told i will need a new one for the facelift.
I have also booked it in mid feb for a new car protection detail with the G techniq laquer. I have never got a car detailed so thought ill get this one done.
Overall very happy customer.

Hi when i was ordering i was struggling to find pictures of the rotor grey. so the one i did find i was looking at them every other day. Glad these pictures came useful. Its hard to do them justice in pictures but they are a stunning contrast.
Enjoy, im sure you will love it!
Thanks, can't wait! Its finally on a ship! Would like it for 1st June but not sure my dealer in Poole will be able to achieve that! Really excited and can't wait to see the interior in real life! In the meantime, it's back to the top of your post for another fix of the pics! Its really helped my addiction!

Reactions: S3LVX, Tom.H and Djs3saloon
Just out of curiosity have you ever had any trouble with no space on your plate?

Hi,

No I haven't. I do about 12000-14000 miles a year around London and Essex no issues and my partner has a similar plate and again no issues. Ive run the plate without the space for the last 2 years id say

Last edited:
actually made me regret cancelling nano on my saloon! lovely colour plus best shape ;)

Thanks. Definitely is the best shape (well my favourite). It is a nice colour, I wanted a grey of some sort and audi introducing it on the s3 palette, was job done for me :salute: