n249 bypass done. still boost spiking.

4rings

Reaction score
ok i had the n249 bypass done at the weekend. dorve the car and still boost fluctuation at low revs on partial throttle. on full boost it would peak at 15 psi. i then changed my forge split-r valve for my standard recurculation valve so i could sell the forge one. since i have had the stock valve on there the boost fluctuation seemed to improve. but now has come back again. and on full boos now peaks at 22psi?????.

i do not have the slightest clue what is happening atm. can any1 help??

Why is 22psi a problem?? What car have you got? A3 or S3?

If stage 1 on then 22psi is normal for a boost spike... maybe your 15psi was wrong and the 22psi is now right as you have fixed a problem especially getting rid of that god awful Split-R..

<tuffty/>

Why is 22psi a problem?? What car have you got? A3 or S3?

If stage 1 on then 22psi is normal for a boost spike... maybe your 15psi was wrong and the 22psi is now right as you have fixed a problem especially getting rid of that god awful Split-R..

<tuffty/>

i have a aum engined a3. stage 1 amd remap with jetex intake and 3 inch decat with 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. yes the split r is for sale and will be purchasing a 007p with the money :). im just hoping that the low rpm boost fluctuation is the recurculation valve and will dissapear when i put a 007p on there. if not what could it be??

Other than the usual split pipes and stuff its difficult to say tbh... would need to check fault codes in the first instance then log it to see if everything is working as it should...

What do you mean by low rpm boost fluctuation? if you mean your boost gauge (assuming you have one) is fluctuating on idle then thats vacuum not boost and is indicative of a vacuum leak... split pipes and stuff would be the first thing to look for...

<tuffty/>

i have a aum engined a3. stage 1 amd remap with jetex intake and 3 inch decat with 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. yes the split r is for sale and will be purchasing a 007p with the money :). im just hoping that the low rpm boost fluctuation is the recurculation valve and will dissapear when i put a 007p on there. if not what could it be??

no on idle the boost is fine no fluctuation. its only on medium throttle at say 1000-2000rpm that is boosts up then dumps it off then from 2000rpm boosts up as it should. i was under the impression that the n249 valve is capable of doing this thats why i had it bypassed. i have had it on a diagnostics machine (not at audi) and it came up with boost contol valve. which again i was told it was either the n249 or the recurculation valve

humm

Thats the N75 then... maybe the pipe to the actuator has come off especially if you are getting 22psi... check the N75 valve (on the TIP).. there is a pipe coming from the charge pipe going into the bottom which is boost, and the one coming off the side goes to the actuator... also try unplugging the N75 electrically as this will just run actuator pressure... if you are still boosting over 7ish psi then it sounds like its could be the N75 or the actuator itself... you can test the actuator by connecting the pipe going into the bottom of the N75 to the one coming out the side with a joiner of some description... this bypasses the N75 and will just run straight actuator pressure... if boost is low (again, 7ish psi) then the actuator should be ok and its the N75...

<tuffty/>

hmmmm well i have no mechanical experience watsoever. and i realy dont have a clue of what im doing to be honest. i had the "n249" bypassed. maybe this was done wrong. all i no is i can see this esculating into a whole world of "ball ache". BUT thankk you for your help and advice. ill have to take it to amd or something when i have the funds available

hmmmm well i have no mechanical experience watsoever. and i realy dont have a clue of what im doing to be honest. i had the "n249" bypassed. maybe this was done wrong. all i no is i can see this esculating into a whole world of "ball ache". BUT thankk you for your help and advice. ill have to take it to amd or something when i have the funds available
The bypass was done correctly,just the first one i have done,the reason it is'nt running right is the major boost leak you have,could'nt fix because late in the day ect!,you can hear it,did sound like the t peice but you did have two different pipes ect!,need a pressure check or sort the leak you can hear!,and like i said after that you can borrow my 008p,then all shoul be ok!, Not getting funny just a heads up and thats why i said pop it back in!trying to help just was'nt the best day when you came in,i was a buisy bee!!!!!!