my s3 making a weird noise

:: blade ::

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a sound problem from my s3 during acceleration. Just started doing it tonight on my way to southport the sound occasionally occurs when the car is at abt 50mph and gear is changing from 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th... the sound will occur at the point of gear change, It sounds like a blast of air escaping... only last a split second.... This is really giving a lot of headache now...

Cheers

Dont know. got a forge 008 on its way so will check it again once i fit that. just strange how it was fine then halfway through the journey it started.i thought it was a boost leak at 1st but i dont seem to have lost power. only had the car since monday and it seems to run fine. will check the dv pipes tomorrow once i finish work. that noise doesnt happen if i rev. only when the engine is under load

The turbo does not really build any boost when it's just revved, it is only under load and you will usually hear it dump more in higher gears.

It only started doing this noise last night. you can clearly hear to turbo but then theres this other noise. sounds like air leaking but not dump. will try and get a video when i finish work