My S3 departs Thursday

Leevr

Reaction score
After 3 and a half years and a lot of modifications its finally time to say goodbye to my S3. It been great owning such a distinctive colour car, but conversely you can't annoy anyone as there's not too many porsche viper green S3 kicking around my part of the woods. I'm trading the car in against a BMW (I hear the boo's already) M140i shadow edition. Its got all the bells and whistles and is quite a bit more subtle than the Audi. Great drive from the straight 6 turbo and the ZF box is sublime. Sorry to see my car go but upwards and onwards. Cheers for all the advice and comments along the way. I might be back one day. I lurk in the background for now. Cheers guys.
20210404 102950 copy 3024x1470
20210204 213112 copy 3024x1470

Reactions: jimojameso, Andy F, Kayobong and 16 others
Was great seeing the photos of your car on the forum, amazing colour. There’s a lot of people jumping ship recently - Audi really seem to have dropped the ball unfortunately.

Enjoy the new car!

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Neil C and 2 others
We will miss you @Leevr. Enjoy the BMW, feel free to still use the forum.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
Congrats on the new car. Sorry you and the Hulk will leaving us.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Leevr
Good luck with the new car pal but boy that S3 is way too good to trade!

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 2 others
Plenty of pics of the new car when it lands please !!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Always had time to check your pics out mate. That green certainly looked the 'biz'.
Enjoy your new beemer buddy :thumbs up:
ps Post some pics when you can.:wink:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Leevr
New car. Needs some attention as its been cleaned but not my cleaned. Got a few OEM bits for sale in the classified.
20210507 101813 copy 3000x1350 copy 1200x540

Reactions: Andy F, S32B, rvtb101 and 7 others
After 3 and a half years and a lot of modifications its finally time to say goodbye to my S3. It been great owning such a distinctive colour car, but conversely you can't annoy anyone as there's not too many porsche viper green S3 kicking around my part of the woods. I'm trading the car in against a BMW (I hear the boo's already) M140i shadow edition. Its got all the bells and whistles and is quite a bit more subtle than the Audi. Great drive from the straight 6 turbo and the ZF box is sublime. Sorry to see my car go but upwards and onwards. Cheers for all the advice and comments along the way. I might be back one day. I lurk in the background for now. Cheers guys.View attachment 236294View attachment 236295
Once a member always a member. We're all car enthusiasts.
New car. Needs some attention as its been cleaned but not my cleaned. Got a few OEM bits for sale in the classified.
View attachment 236638
Like you say, nice and subtle but goes like stink. And the noise :yes:
I'm sure you will make it stand out a bit, more black bits.

Reactions: pburv and Leevr
@Leevr Lee, car looks stunning. Enjoy. Don’t be a stranger, your always welcome on here :friends:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Leevr
Great looking car mate :thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra and Jcbmally
Nice mate, you can't go wrong with white...dead easy to look after :) How does the insurance compare to the S3?
The insurance was a bit of a palaver to be fair. I thought simple case of call Adrian flux swap over to the new car. Policy was double with no mods allowed. Adrian flux wouldn't / couldn't insure me with the prospect of modifications. Tried a few other companies. Some flatly refused me. One company said I had to fulfil 3 criteria. Be over 25 (just!!), car be over 5k and be driving a BMW for a year. Now it stands to reason if I want to insure a new car with you and I'm buying it tomorrow I couldn't fulfil the ownership. So that was a non starter. Eventually went with Chris Knott Insurance. Still £140 over my insurance with all my mods declared. So it will increase as the bits go on. As I have 30 days to declare the first mod as per the t and c's. RWD and crashing I think has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: pburv, S32B and Sandra
The insurance was a bit of a palaver to be fair. I thought simple case of call Adrian flux swap over to the new car. Policy was double with no mods allowed. Adrian flux wouldn't / couldn't insure me with the prospect of modifications. Tried a few other companies. Some flatly refused me. One company said I had to fulfil 3 criteria. Be over 25 (just!!), car be over 5k and be driving a BMW for a year. Now it stands to reason if I want to insure a new car with you and I'm buying it tomorrow I couldn't fulfil the ownership. So that was a non starter. Eventually went with Chris Knott Insurance. Still £140 over my insurance with all my mods declared. So it will increase as the bits go on. As I have 30 days to declare the first mod as per the t and c's. RWD and crashing I think has a lot to do with it.
Does sound a bit of a faff. The reason I ask is a bloke in work has a son of 19 and he has one! When he told me what he had bought I asked 'are you sure it's an M140i' as they are expensive to insure.

Reactions: pburv
Does sound a bit of a faff. The reason I ask is a bloke in work has a son of 19 and he has one! When he told me what he had bought I asked 'are you sure it's an M140i' as they are expensive to insure.
If its an M140i he must be paying a hefty premium. At 19 I'd say over 2K!

Reactions: pburv and S32B
If its an M140i he must be paying a hefty premium. At 19 I'd say over 2K!
I'd have said more, my nephew was paying about £1,500 for a Corsa at 19.

Reactions: pburv and Leevr