My Nardo grey RS3- Small mods

James macqueen

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Finally got an RS3 after months of looking for one in the right spec and also in Nardo grey. I live on the isle of skye in the Scottish highlands and eventually tracked one down in England . I part exchanged my MK7 Golf R which I owned from new, lovely car which I kept standard except a revo stage 1 remap . I have had a few fast cars in the past but nothing that comes close to the finish and feel of the RS3

It has a good amount of extras fitted to it from factory and a few mods
miltek secondary cat bypass
H&R lowering springs
Revo stage 1 remap
red pin striping

Not looking to do much else to it except try to use vcds to switch the exhaust flaps to be open 100% all of the time and I would like a nice induction kit to add some extra noise from the turbo

if anyone can help with either of them it would be much appreciated

cheers
James

Attachments

• 20170808_211510_resized.jpg
    20170808_211510_resized.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 571
  • 20170809_204228_resized.jpg
    20170809_204228_resized.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 3,150
  • 20170809_204251_resized.jpg
    20170809_204251_resized.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 932
Reactions: Evotion and Terminator x
How does your Revo stage 1 RS3 compare to your mapped Golf R in a straight line? The Golf R's map very well.

Vcds can't do the exhaust mod, you need to hardwire in a switch for the valves.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

How does your Revo stage 1 RS3 compare to your mapped Golf R in a straight line? The Golf R's map very well.

I find it very different, the gold r hit hard and then tailed off leaving me wanting more power, the rs3 seems to hit very smooth and doesn't feel quite as fast but when you look at the speedo its climbing at a very fast rate and the power just keeps coming until redline

Reactions: EdmundVR4
Thanks for that , ill maybe try unplug them first while open to see how it sounds before I fit any switches. just incase the bark is a little much haha

Hi Folks,

Finally got an RS3 after months of looking for one in the right spec and also in Nardo grey. I live on the isle of skye in the Scottish highlands and eventually tracked one down in England . I part exchanged my MK7 Golf R which I owned from new, lovely car which I kept standard except a revo stage 1 remap . I have had a few fast cars in the past but nothing that comes close to the finish and feel of the RS3

It has a good amount of extras fitted to it from factory and a few mods
miltek secondary cat bypass
H&R lowering springs
Revo stage 1 remap
red pin striping

Not looking to do much else to it except try to use vcds to switch the exhaust flaps to be open 100% all of the time and I would like a nice induction kit to add some extra noise from the turbo

if anyone can help with either of them it would be much appreciated

cheers
James
beautiful car in a beautiful place! bet there aren't many rozzers around there to slow you down either huh? ; )

beautiful looking car @James macqueen .....great/very appropriate plate....and you live in a beautiful place (especially for driving that too!)....one of my Dad's oldest mates lives on Skye (he's a MacDonald....no not the Lord) and we once drove up from London then all around Scotland, Skye (when it was still just the ferry over)....most amazing roadtrip/holiday I will never forget. Enjoy that car bud

beautiful looking car @James macqueen .....great/very appropriate plate....and you live in a beautiful place (especially for driving that too!)....one of my Dad's oldest mates lives on Skye (he's a MacDonald....no not the Lord) and we once drove up from London then all around Scotland, Skye (when it was still just the ferry over)....most amazing roadtrip/holiday I will never forget. Enjoy that car bud

Thanks for your kind words . I'm delighted with it and the plate compliments the car i think . Skye is madness these days we are getting 50,000 visitors at once on and island that usually has around 12000 people on it . Everywhere is fully booked , roads getting blocked as they are single track and police putting notices up warning tourists not to visit unless they have accommodation booked

beautiful car in a beautiful place! bet there aren't many rozzers around there to slow you down either huh? ; )
Thanks buddy . No the local police station closes at 11 pm as well and they go home haha I have had a few anti social cars including a green focus rs mk2 with stage 4 plus on it and a boxless exhaust system . Aslong as we don't go doing stupid manouvres or speeding around the main streets then they don't mind .

I was passing down the main street last week which has 2.5 storey buildings either side only around 10 metres apart and I dropped a gear for the pops and bangs and the police walking down the street just smiled and waved

Reactions: Joe4842 and Terminator x
Great plate!
I prefer your fully black wheels on the Nardo to the standard black ones as I think the silver endings by the rim look naff.

Sounds like tourists have spoiled the island. Typical. You need to make more noise by the Port to scare them away!

Beautiful Nardo RS3....enjoy. I also like your car history!

Not to sure on the red detail around the rear valance though.

I quite like the extra red detailing on that colour.
Get some MTM stripes as well... wicked.
Mtm rs3 r 2

2016 MTM RS3R 01