My A5 Small improvements

Cant beat a bit of jiggery pokery.

Thanks to @DarkyUK and @Audidave69 for the help!
71D1CB79 5B71 440C BDFB 6EEB07ACA287
61EB7EF0 0E7C 4BE2 BD28 0DFC3F8EA909
38B6FA7A 2D10 4E66 B7B7 AE0045CCF578

Last edited:
Reactions: crazylegscrane, rasA4 and Audidave69
great pics any tricks tips on pulling the bumper off? i have taken the rear off before however a few of the slots are split on one side

There are 3 x t25 screws in each wheel arch then one at the top between the front wing and bumper ( this is hidden and the worst one to get at)
There are about 8 underneath the bumper then 6 along the top by the front grill, then it should just pop off

There are 3 x t25 screws in each wheel arch then one at the top between the front wing and bumper ( this is hidden and the worst one to get at)
There are about 8 underneath the bumper then 6 along the top by the front grill, then it should just pop off
yes i removed all the screws no problem, think it must have been the angle i pulled it

Great, i'll let you know when mine arrive and I have them fitted. JUst got to get the mirror glass our without smashing it, especially since they are the expensive dimming ones!

Very neat. Matches the front parking sensors perfectly. Did you already have the front fitted as standard?
Shame the A4 has the PLA recessed don’t know why?

Yes, the front were fitted as standard. Looking in more detail the side sensors on the A5 are very slightly recessed. Mine are too sensitive on the OPS display at present but work perfectly on the PLA and you can just switch the side display off on OPS off which I still plan to do when I next have the car hooked up to the laptop since I have the 360 camera too.

PLA is pretty good now, much better than the 2015 A7 I had

Reactions: rasA4
Great, i'll let you know when mine arrive and I have them fitted. JUst got to get the mirror glass our without smashing it, especially since they are the expensive dimming ones!

It’s easy I’ve done it loads of times now when changing my mirror caps back and forth. Trim tool recommended.

It’s easy I’ve done it loads of times now when changing my mirror caps back and forth. Trim tool recommended.
Mine have arrived now and I'm looking to install them at the weekend, once the glass is out is there anything else you need to remove to swap the indicators over?

Mine have arrived too and from what I could briefly see I think you need to remove the glass and the mirror cap to then remove them.

I've only had a quick look though. I know removing the mirror caps when I swapped mine to the carbon ones with the side assist in them was in PITA!

Reactions: crazylegscrane
You can remove the indicator strip without taking the mirror glass out as they include angled screwdriver in the pack, but it’s much easier to get that one screw out with mirror glass gone.
Just be careful with the little plastic nib that shines in the mirror housing as it’s very easy to snap off :(

You can remove the indicator strip without taking the mirror glass out as they include angled screwdriver in the pack, but it’s much easier to get that one screw out with mirror glass gone.
Just be careful with the little plastic nib that shines in the mirror housing as it’s very easy to snap off :(

I took the mirror glass out but couldn't see how I would be able to remove the indicator strip without also taking the mirror cap off, the video you just posted shows it with the mirror cap off too, they are a pain in the *** to remove and reinstall in my experience, but maybe my S5 is just a pain!

Sorry I should have said, yes I had to remove mirror caps too.

Yeah, when I added side assist and swapped my mirror caps to the carbon ones they were a nightmare to get on, removing them was not actually too bad but fitting the carbon fibre ones was really difficult.

That's a job saved for another day now, I swapped the seat controller today so will know more about that next week and if it's resolved the seat issues next week.

Thanks chaps I will be having a go at the weekend. The video is good at showing you what has to be disconnected and I’ve had some practice getting the caps off when I changed them over previously so hopefully not too bad this time

I'll probably have another go next week, it's my little boy's 4th Bday on Monday so it's mini party weekend for him so no spare time for sure

Take the glass out and remove all the torx screws to get the cap off. Then you can access and take out the indicator strip. Think its held in by one screw but cant really remember. It's all quite straight forward when it's in front of you.

Take the glass out and remove all the torx screws to get the cap off. Then you can access and take out the indicator strip. Think its held in by one screw but cant really remember. It's all quite straight forward when it's in front of you.

Yeah, taking the caps off is the awkward bit, they are well wedged in if I remember correctly :gun2:

Which boot spoiler did you go for Dave?

I was lucky enough to find a RS5 one on eBay that somebody was scrapping the boot for, looks the dogs!

Fitted my sweeping mirror indicators this afternoon, not too bad a job the most awkward thing I found was getting the 3 clips back on the new indicators after swapping then over. The fit is pretty good but I did find the outer edge of each indicator was a 98% accurate fit not 100% but you wouldn't notice unless you were up close and personal looking at them. They are a darker finish as well which is a better look in my opinion especially with the carbon mirror covers. The flashing sync works well with the main indicators and does look good.
IMG 4375

Original drivers side
IMG 4376

Replacement drivers side
IMG 4377
Replacement passenger side

Just make sure you get the one where the Amber light square extends into the mirror, so you can see the light blinking. There are versions where this is missing.

Reactions: Audidave69
Just make sure you get the one where the Amber light square extends into the mirror, so you can see the light blinking. There are versions where this is missing.

I removed my original indicator strip but ended up snapping this small square piece off :(
So just be careful when your removing or fitting them.

If your lucky enough to have the matrix headlights with dinamic indicators they do flow perfectly together.

I'm hoping to go look at some A5s / S5s at the weekend. Shouldn't have opened this thread, I've already started planning on what I want to do to the car before I even buy it. Got a feeling this will get expensive..

I'm hoping to go look at some A5s / S5s at the weekend. Shouldn't have opened this thread, I've already started planning on what I want to do to the car before I even buy it. Got a feeling this will get expensive..
If your anywhere near warrington give me a shout - have a spin in mine

Reactions: Kondax
Just to update on this, I went to one of the local Audi dealers today and they completely ignored me. Great service as always, thanks Audi lol

I went to one of the local Audi dealers today and they completely ignored me
In what way? That is very unfortunate, wherabouts are you based if near Cambridge can take a look at my S5 if you want?

Reactions: Kondax
In what way? That is very unfortunate, wherabouts are you based if near Cambridge can take a look at my S5 if you want?
Just wasn't interested in speaking to me - was exactly the same as when I went to buy an A3. I'm down near Norwich and they're pretty notoriously crap. I'm going to go in at the weekend with my dad to see if they'll let him test-drive one for the day