My A3 with the CHs just fitted...........

Mark_N

Reaction score
Well fellas...I had them fitted this morning.

It's hard to see in the picture it being a black car and a dark enough shot due to cloud but the wheels actually sit nicely as they are. The arches are hard to see properly in the picture.

Sorry for the driveway shot but I'm going to work in 25 mins.

I think they look brilliant, even better than I thought they would.

I can see how 19s would look better but just not practical for me.

Hope you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

wheel1.jpg

rear1.jpg

very nice wheels.
i'm not sure 19" CH's would look better on the 8P. the 18's look great.
although i think would look even better with car lowered a little.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Very nice!

Now get that spoiler fitted and giz a a few pics of both together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yep I think the rear deffo needs a drop.

The boot was empty in that pic though, I normally have a fly case with CD players and a mixer in them, gives it a nice cheap drop !!

Pics with spoiler Monday.

Mark, what can i say, the car looks great with those alloys, and as for the garden, well, nice short lawn, good bedding and only a few daisy weeds on the borders. 8/10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I can't stop driving it!

I had her on some mildy wet twisties there and the F1s just STICK!

I almost feel guilty putting the boot down in 2nd and not getting wheel spin because I know the F1s are taking the brunt of the grip. They ARE that good.

More pics...

a31.jpg

a32.jpg

a33.jpg

a34.jpg

a35.jpg

Wheels lookin sweet.
However the phrase, "sitting like a shopping trolly" springs to mind. Nothing that a good set of lowering springs wouldn't sort out. Just think how the wheels would look with a 30/40 mm drop.
Hope this hasn't offended.

I think shopping trolley is a bit much, it's not THAT bad standing beside it but yes I will get eibach springs or else coilovers...

Usually that "too high" just looks so in the pictures, and you definately don't want something like Ghetto's "oops my wheels are at the roof" effect, would be pretty painful to drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, now I want CH's also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

Pics are getting better Mark.

How much are the bbs alloys and F1's? Did you buy them seperatley.

[ QUOTE ]
I think shopping trolley is a bit much,

[/ QUOTE ]

shopping trolley isn`t strong enough imo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif great wheels but need urgent lowering.

[ QUOTE ]
and as for the garden, well, nice short lawn, good bedding and only a few daisy weeds on the borders. 8/10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Yeh well like I said...it's on the way but on hols next week so will sort it when I get back.

I can get a trade price on eibach springs but people keep telling me to go the whole hog and get coilovers.

Dunno what to do.

TDI - the whole thing cost me 40 quid short of 2K Euro. Guy I spoke to last night who imports high performance jap cars like Skylines reckons I should've paid 3K for the whole lot.

Certainly the wheels to buy in Ireland would've cost me over E2,000.

I got the wheels for a very special GB£700. The tyres cost me E666 from the Irish equivalent of mytires.co.uk.

[ QUOTE ]
I can get a trade price on eibach springs but people keep telling me to go the whole hog and get coilovers.

Dunno what to do.

I got the wheels for a very special GB£700. The tyres cost me E666 from the Irish equivalent of mytires.co.uk.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you buy the wheels- superb price!

With regards to coilovers imo only worth the hassle of setting up if your gonna track the car/want it very low.

Got the wheels in a Group Buy on uk-mkivs.

I don't want it very low just a nice 35mm drop with eibachs I think.

My only fear is stories of shocks going etc without doing the whole thing??

[ QUOTE ]
My only fear is stories of shocks going etc without doing the whole thing??

[/ QUOTE ]

Id advise you to do shocks and springs as oem shocks will wear out quicker with uprated springs. And with sports shocks the ride will be much better.

But saying that if you did just springs (I prefer h&r to eibachs as stiffer), if your shocks are low mileage than gonna be a few years till they blow- so you will get the looks but perhaps not optimum handling.

But didn`t i read on this forum that some Eibach`s are designed to work with oem shocks?

Well obviously the A3/Golf has eibachs fitted from factory so yep there is a set to compliment the OEM shocks.

The car handles pretty well but it could probably gain from being a bit stiffer but I don't want something very hard either.

How much will shocks and springs set me back anyway?

My car has 16K on it.

Looks great, Mark!

Definitely in with the "get it lowered" crowd, and yet completely understand your desire to not ruin it's ride.

What should stop you from getting just the springs from a "spring&damper" combo, and installing the dampers at a later date?

Looking good mate!! Another vote for a slight drop - 35mm should be plenty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well obviously the A3/Golf has eibachs fitted from factory so yep there is a set to compliment the OEM shocks.

The car handles pretty well but it could probably gain from being a bit stiffer but I don't want something very hard either.

How much will shocks and springs set me back anyway?

My car has 16K on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your car looks great with the CH's on Mark, regarding lowering I went out in Foxy's car last week (who organised the GB) he has the Eibach lowring springs which are totally compatible with the original dampers so no problem (apparently) with premature wear of dampers, his car looked well sorted without compromising the comfort - this dropped the car about 30MM thinkhe said it was under £90 but send him a PM and he will be happy to advise, love the wheels lowered or not IMO looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I rekon with the car being relatively new you will get away with changing the springs only.

The dampers will wear out quicker than normal but you can replace them when they do in the future when needed.

[ QUOTE ]
and only a few daisy weeds on the borders. 8/10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Verdone's what you want.
That'll shift 'em.
Give you a bonny daisy free lawn worthy of any backdrop to an A3 photo.

is it just me or do the white rear number plates look a lot better than our crappy english yellow ones?

[ QUOTE ]
and you definately don't want something like Ghetto's "oops my wheels are at the roof" effect, would be pretty painful to drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.....

Ghetto...I think your car looks phat mate.

I think I will go with eibach springs so. Can get a good trade price on them too.

I got the Votex spoiler fitted today and I really mean it when I say the car just looks brilliant now. A nice drop and she will be complete.

Will take some pics tomorrow.