MSS Lowering Springs Pictures Needed

Stefan Farrugia

Reaction score
Hi All

I just got a complete Adjustable Front / Rear MSS kit with Tracks in the front for my RS3 FL Sportback , is there anyone can send me some pictures how the Front is set and how much did the car lower itself

Any help would be appreciated

Top measurements are OEM springs.

Middle messurements are after I got MSS springs fitted.

Bottom messurements I believe we’re about a week after so time to settle in.

B628F29A 0C4A 4135 8BD7 4B182CCD6F68

Reactions: teslaboy
do you have a picture of the car ??

And how many thread did you leave on front adjustment ?

Anyone know someone who can re calibrate the springs once fitted in the north east (Durham)

Mine with MSS front and rear.

TX.
cad78b89e4928608014159b0f27e5ab2.jpg
c4238d75962511ef835a0ca98695ae9f.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaine19
I have the MSS track kit, great all round service from sales to fitting but.....

....in hindsight I should’ve gone down the H&Rs route. Why?

— my kit is fully wound down on the front. Ideally I’d like to have has a bit more and I could’ve achieved the same drop with H&Rs so really no point in having adjustable springs.

— H&Rs would’ve been a snip of the price of the MSS kit

Reactions: teslaboy
I have the MSS track kit, great all round service from sales to fitting but.....

....in hindsight I should’ve gone down the H&Rs route. Why?

— my kit is fully wound down on the front. Ideally I’d like to have has a bit more and I could’ve achieved the same drop with H&Rs so really no point in having adjustable springs.

— H&Rs would’ve been a snip of the price of the MSS kit
Lol.. the most common feedback from MSS users. Not low enough

They don't really go as low as advertised.

I hope MSS takes on board the countless feedback they receive on more adjustability in the front.

Every person I've met in the local Audi club with MSS springs complains about the springs not being low enough.

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Reactions: VAG_Club001

I hope MSS takes on board the countless feedback they receive on more adjustability in the front.

Every person I've met in the local Audi club with MSS springs complains about the springs not being low enough.

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

The adjustability would make sense if the front sat very low therefore needing wound upwardly but then their argument is that the stock shock stills needs to have sufficient travel. Well then my friend, someone hasn’t done enough R&D to develop an adjustable spring that sits low enough.

Great marketing, but As with most ‘fads’, it’ll soon wear thin.

I had MSS on my RS3 and whilst it really improved the handling it was a tad painful over speed bumps as the undertray would catch if you didn't go VERY slow. In the end I simply tried to avoid roads with bumps. And you guys want lower :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I am more than happy with it. And rides amazing. I dont need to put my car in the ground either

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Yes I totally agree. I spent lots of $$’s on my install because I asked my installer to set the front at a particular height that wasn’t possible. They pulled the fronts out 3 times trying to get them lower and finally gave up, that stuffing around cost me $’s. If I had have known the true adjustment limits then I wouldn’t have asked them to set to a height that wasn’t possible.

No doubt that the springs handle well, but I feel that the adjustability on the front is redundant engineering which adds cost. Unlike typical coilovers you can’t adjust the fronts without removing them first.

Reactions: Seanix, VAG_Club001 and JamesBaby
Yes I totally agree. I spent lots of $$’s on my install because I asked my installer to set the front at a particular height that wasn’t possible. They pulled the fronts out 3 times trying to get them lower and finally gave up, that stuffing around cost me $’s. If I had have known the true adjustment limits then I wouldn’t have asked them to set to a height that wasn’t possible.

No doubt that the springs handle well, but I feel that the adjustability on the front is redundant engineering which adds cost. Unlike typical coilovers you can’t adjust the fronts without removing them first.

Why did they need to remove the front to adjust ? I adjusted mine without pulling out the struts in just 5 minutes, that means that who worked on it has no idea about MSS then.

Why did they need to remove the front to adjust ? I adjusted mine without pulling out the struts in just 5 minutes, that means that who worked on it has no idea about MSS then.

They had multiple attempts because I initially asked them to drop the fronts by 20mm. They had them wound down all the way and told me it only managed to drop by about 15mm. I insisted that they should be able to go lower so they carried out a range of checks and approaches to see if they could get more drop, ie. a lot more work for no result. The place was a reputable shop that’s been fitting custom suspension for decades, they know what they’re doing.

I looked at the front strut and I couldn’t see how you can reach the adjuster. Its hidden up in the strut mount shroud. So how did you get to it to adjust in 5 mins. With my previous coilovers setups the adjuster was on the bottom, you could even adjust without taking the wheel off.

Reactions: JamesBaby
They had multiple attempts because I initially asked them to drop the fronts by 20mm. They had them wound down all the way and told me it only managed to drop by about 15mm. I insisted that they should be able to go lower so they carried out a range of checks and approaches to see if they could get more drop, ie. a lot more work for no result. The place was a reputable shop that’s been fitting custom suspension for decades, they know what they’re doing.

I looked at the front strut and I couldn’t see how you can reach the adjuster. Its hidden up in the strut mount shroud. So how did you get to it to adjust in 5 mins. With my previous coilovers setups the adjuster was on the bottom, you could even adjust without taking the wheel off.

Something has to be wrong. Mine with 10mm thread left car lowered 22mm striaght away on the front. And it will even settle more after a 1000 miles. Then i decided i wanted a little lower. I remove wheel and i have Motamec coilover spring compressors , i tightened springs and easily you can turn the adjuster without removing anything.

Something has to be wrong. Mine with 10mm thread left car lowered 22mm striaght away on the front. And it will even settle more after a 1000 miles. Then i decided i wanted a little lower. I remove wheel and i have Motamec coilover spring compressors , i tightened springs and easily you can turn the adjuster without removing anything.
Can you elaborate on the spring compressor?

Something has to be wrong. Mine with 10mm thread left car lowered 22mm striaght away on the front.

Nope, MSS confirmed nothing wrong, they said springs were correct springs and would settle quite a bit. I had the MSS sports kit which have the ‘streets’ front springs, the nomenclature is quite confusing. Maybe you have the race springs which go lower.

Herein lies the problem, MSS have no specific spec on the height of the various spring setups or will confirm any specs regarding drop. I guessing that with the dual spring set up the drop may vary depending on the car spec, heavier cars may end up lower. Moreover the dual coils springs apparently settle a lot more, can drop around 5mm.

I had the track pack MSS on my S3.
They come as standard with street front springs, it's just the rears that are the track orientated parts. However I have never tracked a car and had no intention with the S3.
The ride was great for the road and not what you would have thought
I agree though, I had roughly 5mm of drop left on the front and they are not what you would call low. Lower than oem but definitely not coilover low.
They were a great addition through but not worth the £1200 tbh.
Mine will be for sale after Christmas if anyone wants to save a few quid :whistle2:

Reactions: VAG_Club001

Attachments

• C55BE096-51B8-4CF7-8C37-FBCACF697A8C.jpeg
    C55BE096-51B8-4CF7-8C37-FBCACF697A8C.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 270
  • 4A5ECC50-3A45-4A25-A744-CEA7E00FDB95.jpeg
    4A5ECC50-3A45-4A25-A744-CEA7E00FDB95.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 306
These are what i am talking about. Makes life easy
I still think that you must have talented hands to get them in the limited space and be able to turn the adjuster. Makes my back sore just thinking about it. :)

From what I have read in various posts the track springs do go lower, hence why you are able to get the drop you have. And this is my beef with the lack of MSS data. It has resulted in a lot of mis information and speculation about the specs of the springs. Better information allows customers to make a more informed choice and better customer satisfaction.

I still think that you must have talented hands to get them in the limited space and be able to turn the adjuster. Makes my back sore just thinking about it. :)

From what I have read in various posts the track springs do go lower, hence why you are able to get the drop you have. And this is my beef with the lack of MSS data. It has resulted in a lot of mis information and speculation about the specs of the springs. Better information allows customers to make a more informed choice and better customer satisfaction.

Really its not difficult once you use those compressors

Regards to the info yes you are right. I have been asking alot to MSS but i agree with you there is alot of Lack of data. I have tracks in the front and sports on the rear

Ive just had MSs fitted Stefan and want to adjust the fronts UP from where they are. I bought the compressors like yours and clamped a spring. Still I cannot adjust. The large adjuster simply keeps spinning round and I cant get my hands on the small inner part. It seems to be sitting up inside a metal cup and I cant get to it. Am I doing something wrong here?