Monaco Gran Prix - any tips/advice

AL_B

Reaction score
Hi,

As anyone here ever been to the Monaco Gran Prix? I am going over there for the weekend and the race on the 22nd May.

We've got general spectator tickets, so I was just wondering where we can stand and what's the best place.

If you've got any good web links that might help too, that would be great.

Cheers

AL

Wow, mate that sounds awesome. Always wanted to go, have been gutted for years. My Aunti's ex-husband (car nut) was going to take me (when I was quite young) and then they split up!
Will be done one day....

Cheers mate.

The best part is, this whole thing was a surprise xmas gift from my girlfriend - how good is she!!! :) AND its my Birthday the same weekend as the Gran Prix.

Can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate.

The best part is, this whole thing was a surprise xmas gift from my girlfriend - how good is she!!! :) AND its my Birthday the same weekend as the Gran Prix.

Can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you find one like that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

She is.

I have found out that the General Admission ticket area "sector Rocher", which we have tickets for, could be a nightmare.

Apparently its best to get there very very early, as it gets very busy. Some people even camp in this area (which is a park on a hill I believe) over night to get the best spots. :-(

The good thing is there is a giant TV screen. So should see some of the action. Decent camera pictures could be a problem though.

AL

that hill/park does give a decent view and you hear the full affect of the noise. But is very steep hard to stand or sit on so dont take a load of junk with you. + our drinks all got red hot after 1 hour in the sun had to buy more at crazy prices.

I was taken over there for the GP a few years ago - we got a helicopter from Nice and watched the race from our hotel balcony. God knows how much it cost, but you couldn't see a ****** thing - all we saw was a 200m section of track with some blurry bits on it. I reckon you'll be better off in "general" admission - and the noise and atmosphere will be awesome!

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate.

Can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW mate , has ure missus any single sisters???? lol
sounds fantastic pressi mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hey, i saw them first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Unless there tiwns. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Here are some good tips for you.

2147374622__mon_circuit.gif

I almost lost it coming out of the tunnel once because of a fitty on a boat with her baps out!

Keep your eyes forward at all times!

Cheers everyone!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I will make sure I practice a bit on Gran Turismo before running into one of the pit lane garages and jumping in the nearest F1 car!! Now that would be the ultimate "joy ride". hehehe

Yup - I'm going and have been there the last two years (god we were timing every one of the last laps on our watches last year to see whether Button was closing the gap!). Sounds like the hill you are on is the steep one below the palace which overlooks Rascasse, Noghes and the harbour. It is usually a sea of Ferrari fans. You need to get up really early I suspect to get a decent position. The giant screen is over the far side of the harbour but it should be visible.

Note that even after the race finishes it's a real hassle to go anywhere unless you have an access-all areas pass. We always end up having to argue with the officials just to be allowed to get back to the boat.

It's a fantastic w/end - try to catch the qualifying and the F3Renaults on Saturday - they really race! The noise is completely surreal - sounds prehistoric like something out of an argument in Jurassic Park. I really recommend taking ear-plugs.