1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

MMI for text messages?

PeteA7S/Back Aug 29, 2019

1. PeteA7S/Back

PeteA7S/Back Registered User

Hi people, another day another question. When my phone connects through to the car the music loads etc and I can shuffle through ok but the screen doesn't display the track details i.e singer and song. I checked the spotify settings etc and cant see anything obvious so is there something I need to activate in the settings. Also as per the title does the telephone settings screen need something activating to show or display texts? Thanks guys

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. El-Cap

El-Cap Registered User

If it’s an iPhone you need to go into the Bluetooth settings after you have paired it and click on then I icon next to the listing and go into the sub menu on your phone and activate ‘show notifications’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PeteA7S/Back

Android for me fella. galaxy s8 plus. will have a look if its got something similar though cheers

5. DaveW

DaveW Registered User

For an android phone, when you pair it, just make sure to click "yes" on the phone, when you get the prompt to "allow access to text messages".
    May be worth unpairing your phone and starting again.

PeteA7S/Back likes this.
  6. PeteA7S/Back

Cant remember seeing that come up but will give it a go later fella. Cheers for that

DaveW likes this.
  7. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Hi Marc,

You’ve posted in the A7 section of the forum, with a totally different MMI to the RS4. You may get a better response if you post in the RS4 forum section.

@Sandra can shift it, if you ask her nicely :racer:

Sandra likes this.