MMI Connect app?

A4B9, do you have a SIM card installed in the SIM card slot? I don't. I spoke to the my Audi support team today. I feel like all the teams I speak to are getting given false information by the 'technical support team' which is that this won't be available in the UK until later this year and that we have to have the emergency SOS calling option which can't be retrofitted. Clearly neither of these are true. Discussing the subject with the My Audi rep, the emergency calling feature is dependent on having a secondary SIM card installed as the embedded SIM card is only active when the ignition is on (hence cannot unlock the car when it is off). So I think it's going to have to be a bit trial and error and the next step is to buy a SIM and give it a go. Not sure if inserting my iPhone SIM into the car would do the trick temporarily... Going to otherwise get one of those £30 for 12GB SIMs from Three which is valid for 12 months

A4B9, do you have a SIM card installed in the SIM card slot? I don't. I spoke to the my Audi support team today. I feel like all the teams I speak to are getting given false information by the 'technical support team' which is that this won't be available in the UK until later this year and that we have to have the emergency SOS calling option which can't be retrofitted. Clearly neither of these are true. Discussing the subject with the My Audi rep, the emergency calling feature is dependent on having a secondary SIM card installed as the embedded SIM card is only active when the ignition is on (hence cannot unlock the car when it is off). So I think it's going to have to be a bit trial and error and the next step is to buy a SIM and give it a go. Not sure if inserting my iPhone SIM into the car would do the trick temporarily... Going to otherwise get one of those £30 for 12GB SIMs from Three which is valid for 12 months

not at the moment, I am assuming you have a sim in the car I used a 3 sim which has 12mths data with no expiry

but loginto your MMI account on the web
select Audi connect user management at the top of the page
select verify now and complete the 5 stage verification process

• Start your vehicle

• Press the Menu function button on the MMI® system and choose “Audi connect” in the MMI® display

• Open the options menu

• Select “Audi connect user management”

• Select “Key user”

• Select “Set key user”

• Enter your myAudi account User name exactly as is re ected in the registration email

• NOTE: The “User name” is your myAudi account User email, this information is case sensitive as such

we recommend using the ‘speller’ to enter your data rather than the touch pad.

• The vehicle code is found inside the plastic tag that is attached to one of your keys. Open the tag and scratch o the top to uncover the 10 digit code. Enter this code into the “Vehicle code” eld.

• Select Log in.

• Congratulations, you have now completed the Audi connect registration process.

The missing link seems to be the SIM card, I don't have one. I will get one tomorrow and see how it goes.

@veltror Newier build cars like mine don't have the 'Audi user connect management' option come up!

@jwa1 You can't insert an iPhone sim in the car as the SIM card size needs to be the normal big sim size.

on the myaudi portal do you have yourself as the key user for your vehicle?

There is no 'Audi Connect User Management' menu in the car. I have set myself up as the primary user online. Maybe that becomes active when you have a separate SIM as you then have a constant data connection to the car.

I pretty much followed this https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/audi-connect-guide-en.pdf but yes I needed a SIM in the car.

I'm in exactly the same situation with a new Audi A4 B9 Avant I just had delivered a few days ago.

Registered on the my.audi.com portal, confirmed details with the mTan etc, just need to enter my 10 digit-code into Audi Connect but the option is missing!

I have a pre-paid data sim in the car and the Audi MMI Connect app on my iphone gives me some functionality.

This is so frustrating...

Audi UK have told me to book into my local Audi centre.

From what I understand I need to call my dealer and give them my Audi Agreement ID, issued in a PDF contract from the my.audi.com website, the dealer then activates their end and the 'Key User' option is then unlocked on the MMI in Audi Connect to enter you 10-digit pin under the scratch off panel on the plastic tag which comes with your keys.

I've called the dealer and they seemed confused and promised to get a Master Technician to call me back - no call yet.

In the meantime I called Audi UK. After a lot of holding and a half an hour chat they are trying to fob me off that my new Audi A4 (B9) is a MY16 car and this feature is only on MY17 cars which are builds from week 22 (May 30 2016). I explained how annoyed I was and said this function is listed on the following brochure image here - https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...convenient-the-new-audi-connect-services-4862 she said there was nothing she could do and maybe the feature might come to my car in the future...

Really angry, I essentially have half of the Audi Connect functionality.

Audi UK just called me back and informed me that this feature will not be unlocked on MY16 A4 B9's with a software update as its a hardware module. It also can't be retro-fitted...

My car is a week 20 build. Should have waited a few extra weeks. :rage:

Interested to see how you get on, my A4 is MY17. I wouldn't listen to what Audi UK say too much at the moment, I don't think they know what they're talking about in regards to this at the moment. I have disproved a load of answers they gave me such as saying that j don't have an embedded SIM. I heard about the agreement ID thing on a US forum. I am sure our cars are capable, Audi just aren't that sure how it has been rolled out yet. Communication issues within Audi.

She mentioned an embedded sim in reference to the apparently missing hardware on MY16. Most of what she kept saying at me, loudly, was that it wasn't stated in the A4 brochure so it wasn't Audi's fault.

The Master Technician at my local dealer called and I gave him my Audi Agreement ID to complete the key user setup. He didn;t know what he was supposed to do with it but apparently a few of his technician had been for some Audi Connect training and he was going to give the info to them to sort. Fingers crossed.

The level of knowledge of the Audi Connect system seems woeful with dealers.

jwa1 do you have an SOS button on the module above your rear-view? The girl at Audi UK made reference to this being an identifier as to a car having a embedded sim for the remote functions.

Nobody has a MY17 car in the UK yet as they have only been built and it would have been impossible for them to have been delivered within the delivery timeframe.

UK owner, MY16, Week 15 B9 and in the same boat. Gone through the all the processes, have purchased a SIM for the car, yet no way I can make myself key user as no “Audi connect user management” in the MMI display. REally frustrating as Audi's brochure's make this a feature - which I now can't use. I've tried entering my email address in the MMI with the scratched key code as the password but this doesn't work.
Have sent an email to Audi customer services for assistance, but after reading PGNick's experience - I'm not holding much hope in ever getting this working.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
The SOS button isn't related, don't believe them when they tell you that. Mine has an embedded SIM. There is internet on the car when my phone is off and there is not sim in the slot in the glove box. Audi UK accepted that I do have an embedded SIM after I proved this. The data connection shows on the screen. I don't think I have an SOS button but will check.

My car is a MY17. It was build week 22 and I collected it on 17 June. I was probably one of the first to pick up a MY17 model. The salesman also confirmed it was a MY17 and showed me the documents where that is stated.

Thanks jwa1.

If your car is a MY17 it probably means Audi UK were right about the MY16 not having the remote access functionality on the MMI Connect App :disappointed:

Can't believe they've made such a change on a new model after only a few months of manufacture.

Mine is a MY17, will pick up in 1.5 months, will let you guys know :)

I picked up my my17 car today!
Mine also has data working and I haven't inserted a sim

It's part of the free 3 month Audi connect trial. If you go into the Audi Connect option and click license periods, it all expires 3 months after your collection date

Ok I can confirm I DON'T have "audi connect user management" although I can login to audi connect Fir the standard features.

I ran out of time to test logging in with the key code instead of the account password...will try it tomorrow.
I have enabled the extra features on the myaudi site and verified by text message..

I haven't yet added another SIM as I definitely have data already embedded as part of the 3 month trial, not sure if there is actually a SIM in the slot or not.

The plot thickens!

Maybe the 'user management' menu is activated over-the-air by the dealer on receipt of your 'agreement ID' from my.audi.com as the US instructions indicate?

Checked my MMI software version, I'm on 0113. I wonder if those with the remote functionality are on the same?

My A4 was registered in November 2015 it has all the Audi connect functionality.

Software is 0333

Do you have a separate SIM in the car?
Do you see the "key user" option in te MMi?

It's part of the free 3 month Audi connect trial. If you go into the Audi Connect option and click license periods, it all expires 3 months after your collection date

What about if you have the Tech Package. That comes with 3 Years of Audi Connect. Be pretty decent if I get 3 years included and don't need a additional SIM.

ah ok I get it now, so it has an embedded sim card and you can also use your own (external) :0

Screenshot 1

Reactions: PhxViper
Just got my new A4 S Line 190 TDI Avant in Mythos Black. 16MY.

I can confirm the same issue, even with my own external sim inserted it's still not possible to set up myself as a key user. Following the steps given to the letter but the User Management option is nt available.

Not a great loss I think. The kids can stull use the wifi hotpot and I have date access for the regular Audi connect info.

I've also had a dealer loan car for the last 5 days as mine is have some delivery marks repaired. I can confirm this has the same issue in the MMI menu with the User a management option not present.

Sorry for not giving a more formal intro so far, i am still waiting for my car to be returned, I only actually got to drive it for 2 days before it got taken back to get fixed. Then I can bond with it and hopefully start to add some value to this forum.

Even more annoying so far is that the none of the radio stations will show info or station logo! Tried everything. Loan car is the same. Oh well.

Had the dealership technician back on the phone and they've been chasing info around this too.

As far as they are aware all the new Q7's had an e-sim fitted from launch but the A4 (B9), with the rare exception, will not be standard to MY17 (week 22) builds. Apparently some A4 MY16's have had non-working SOS buttons fitted too.

Essentially if you have an A4 (B9) MY16 you won't have an e-sim and won't have access to Audi Connect remote functions.

Can't help thinking by ordering this new model early that we're second-class citizens compared to all future B9 owners... I know it's not the biggest issue in the grand scheme of things but could impact resale values in the future. I'd hope Audi would make some sort of gesture to acknowledge this issue but I won't hold my breath.

Interesting.
So I have the e sim in a MY17 car.
Just not the option in the MMI to add key user...,.

As i said, i have an early car, in fact it was the dealers demonstrator, it has working SOS, i have my own sim in the car and all audi connect functions work, the dealer was initially clueless about the keyb fob scratch off area etc etc... this has been handled abysmally by Audi.

Why would an embedded sim have anything to do with it? At the end of the day it's still a SIM card that connects you to the internet like any other 3rd party sim, you just don't have to pay for it yourself

Does anyone actually have the remote features working (in the UK), regardless of model year? If so, what firmware version are you running?

I pick up my new A4 tomorrow, and have just ordered a Three SIM card... Now I've read these posts a little more thoroughly, it looks like that's a waste of time/money seeing as I've spec'd the Technology Pack (it will come with the eSIM, right?). Can someone confirm this?

Is there any benefit in having my own SIM? Just the WIFI hotspot feature? I'll cancel my order with Three if so.

thanks!

Reactions: cppp
I think it will be interesting to see how much Audi charge for the built in Sims...

Is there any benefit in having my own SIM? Just the WIFI hotspot feature? I'll cancel my order with Three if so.

Apparently it enables the hotspot and online media (internet radio like Spotify etc.) where it looks like the data comes over the internet to the car, then via the hotspot to the app on your phone then to the audio system. p280 in the manual. Drawback is that all the data goes via your SIM if you have one in there - the eSIM is disabled so all the Audi Connect features use your data rather than the car's. Probably best to get a PAYG SIM and put it in when you want to use a feature that requires it, then take it out and use the eSIM the rest of the time.

I think it will be interesting to see how much Audi charge for the built in Sims...

Zero (beyond the subscription cost of Audi Connect if you're outside the free trial) according to the manual.

Reactions: davejinx
Apologies but I am after the cost beyond the free trial if there is one...

Apologies but I am after the cost beyond the free trial if there is one...
It's my understanding that, if you have the Technology Pack, you have already paid for a three year subscription, so no additional cost. If you don't have the Tech Pack, then I have no idea...

It says the costs on the data inside website who ate the data service provider Audi use