MMI Bluetooth connection frustration!

Keefo13

A6 Avant (C6) 3ltr TDI Quattro Le Mans
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just purchased A6 Avant, it’s the Le Mans, 3ltr TDI Quattro. A late 2006, it has the MMI...but alas...I cannot connect my iPhone to the system. Now I’ve read SO MANY threads on here relating to this and quite frankly it’s melted my brain.
When I select the TEL, a message comes up with (see pic). My iPhone doesn’t pick ANYTHING up relating to a Bluetooth source.
Does my MMI even support Bluetooth or do I need some sort of kit?!

To the SATNAV...it’s a bit dated, where can I get the latest version?

I have a 6 CD changer in the glove box and the CD-ROM in the boot.

Any info, as straight an answer as possible, MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thanks guys....

935D63C3 66DC 4FD2 A66D A85CAC291ACA

B967ACBC 7A7B 4474 A03E F27FCDA64D15

I'm pretty sure the telephone button is for the audi phone and not for Bluetooth calling from your iPhone, do you have your user manual, as that should tell you how to connect your phone via Bluetooth for calls, if your car has it that is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like your BT is cradle version so check your middle armrest for it. It’s not too difficult to get that sorted . I am afraid that with this setup you won’t be able to connect your iPhone without changing your module to the “wireless” one which should be plug and play. Wait for others to give you the heads up as that was ages ago since I had MMI 2G.
The drive in the boot is for navi only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE!
Managed to connect iPhone to make/receive calls...I didn’t seem to do anything different from the last 67 times, but it just connected!
However that is just the phone, no music streaming. Looks like I’m going to have to lose the cd changer and get a plug and play Bluetooth connection....any suggestions for one of those?
However, the car doesn’t upload my last dialled or any contacts...? Assume this is just the way it is? So to make a call I have to do the leg work on my phone then just talk through the car?!

Nothing is ever seamless

Thanks for replies so far guys...

UPDATE!
Managed to connect iPhone to make/receive calls...I didn’t seem to do anything different from the last 67 times, but it just connected!
However that is just the phone, no music streaming. Looks like I’m going to have to lose the cd changer and get a plug and play Bluetooth connection....any suggestions for one of those?
However, the car doesn’t upload my last dialled or any contacts...? Assume this is just the way it is? So to make a call I have to do the leg work on my phone then just talk through the car?!

Nothing is ever seamless

Thanks for replies so far guys...
You'll have to add an ami unit and get someone with vcds to activate the hidden green menu, you will then be able to activate the ami, you will then need something like the viseoo tune2air that plugs into your ami port to get Bluetooth music streaming, I'm guessing your car is mmi 2g, if so you can swap out your 6 cd changer for the ami unit, if you still want your cd changer aswell it's possible but more work

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
1b29b71482c24fcd36bde92173135bcf.jpg
16a0d20d377cd6272a9d54ce7fd0a68e.jpg

KrisKrk.... thanks mate, appreciate info.
Some price on that AMI Unit....

:puke2:

Not really fussed for the CD changer, but really could do with being able to connect phones and play music. Is it a straight swap, plug and play AMI Unit?

I managed to connect my phone and make calls, however, I think the microphone on the car might be knackered as the person I called couldn't hear me well at all, said it sounded all garbled....ever heard of that before?

Don’t know much about retrofitting and compatibility of the ami and bluetooth pieces but again, @DJAlix is the guy for it and few site sponsors.

As to the microphone, check front light dome. Think it’s there.
Please, correct me if wrong.

You need to remove plastic centre bit out first. The one which surrounds the switch.
Than is the chrome bezel. Should actually fall down to your hands.
Lastly, the remainder piece with lenses.
All can be done with thin plastic pry tool.
Once there, check for mic and see if it’s not covered with dust fuzz or rattling.
You can also remove few screws (some hidden in the sunglasses compartment) and get the whole dome down. Connectors with entire circuit is visible.
If all good there, your mic might be going on it’s last leg.

If you want to go through the full retro fit lane, maybe upgrade to mmi 3g be something to consider?
2sd card slots with max 32gb in each, will give you loads (if not all) your music library storage.

That AMi retro fit way @Furryhobnob is talking about is best solution for you, I think.
You want to keep the files on the phone as it’s easier (or the only option for you now) to play music, right?
I don’t have any music on my phone as need space for pictures.
All my library is on both of those sd cards. In fact, I use one for all the music and other I use to get new stuff in. Once bored with, transfer it all to main card.

Whatever you’ll choose to do, share it with us, as a thread maybe. Others may learn from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All, jumping onto @Furryhobnob thread re: this subject!
Apologies for creating this one when there was already one on the go AND, thank you for all info placed on here!!

Cheers guys...