1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q5 Mk 2 spare wheel polystyrene insert

malcolmrmcintyre Dec 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM

1. malcolmrmcintyre

malcolmrmcintyre New Member Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi Q5

I would like to buy a space saver wheel, but will it fit in the expanded polystyrene wheel well in the Q5 Mk2. I’m wondering if those who ordered the space saver from the factory get a different polystyrene insert. Anyone know?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Q5-John

Q5-John New Member

I will find out when I get my car in March! Hope you get an answer before then :smile new:

4. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi Q5 Navarra Blue Classic S-line owners group S tronic

Isn't there a subwoofer in there if there is not the spare in the space?

5. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

........''yes' subwoofer in mine.

6. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi Q5 Navarra Blue Classic S-line owners group S tronic

Mine was a rhetorical question. There is in mine also. We are talking about a Q5 here.

7. Peter123

So who has experience (and instructions) in removing the subwoofer and siting it elsewhere, and fitting the spare wheel?

8. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

.......''yes'' mine is an SQ5, see Avatar.

9. Peter123

Not everyone uses the Avatar to show their current vehicle, so that is the reason for comment. Good idea to have current car in your signature.
    Ahhhhhh (joke) I see you are from UP NORTH and from Yorkshire where my sister lives.....that explains it!:thumbs up:

10. Peter123

Anybody?