Mini Review - Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
After reading a fair bit about Infinity Wax's Rapid Detailer I took the plunge and bought some

I decided to go for the orange flavoured version
http://www.infinitywax.com/product/rapid-detailer-new-v3-orange/

The test mule was my Audi S4
Costco yellow MF towels were the MF of choice

The car had been thoroughly washed and dried. I didn't want to test the Detailer as a drying aid as I didn't want to dilute it

I followed IW application instructions and used the product on one panel at a time. Spray Detailer on the panel, using a clean MF spread the product around in straight lines, then I buffed off with a clean MF towel, panel at a time

SWMBO confirmed my thoughts when she said the paint looked lighter after application, which personally I like

Couple of shots in the garage -

Then outside -

(The shadow in the pic is me taking the pic :lol:)

Flake pop (taken outside) -

& finally, the beading -

The thing I noticed most was the way the product 'flashed' off quickly leaving no residue or smearing

A bargain at £8.99 delivered using the DW 10% discount code

& finally the BUT (there's always a but ain't there lol)

When I'd finished I noticed a couple of things
Firstly
There was an orange 'scum line', for want of a better term, where the bottle had been originally filled to. This was only evident when I'd finished using the product
The bottle was given a good shake prior to use & also between each panel application
Gave the bottle a really good shake when I'd finished but couldn't dislodge the scum line

Secondly
The yellow MF I used to apply the product had turned orange in places
(I don't know whether the photo shows this)

& yes before anyone asks the MF was clean before I used it ! lol

The orange product colour transfer is a bit of a worry.
I'm not worried about one application but I'm a bit reluctant to use it again on my blue car.
The wife has a white car so using the orange coloured product is a no no on it IMHO

This was Infinity Wax response to the 2 points I raised at the end of the review -

'Thanks for taking the time to review the product.

With regards to the colour issue I can answer this as transparently as possible (see what I did there) when we colour the product there is a settling period off around 2 weeks where the colour loses some of its vibrance. During this steeping time some off the colour elements (which are all from plant extracts) settle on top. A couple of the colours, orange included seem to hang around at the top where as blue and most others simply mix back in when shaken.

The dyes are all water soluble and will remove from anything with ease. There is nothing to worry about using this on a white car for example as the paint clear coat will not bond with this element off the product.

We always favour natural colours where possible however the long term viability of this is continually brought into doubt because of issues like this. It may be in the near future we switch to chemical colourings that won't do this.

I would also like to assure customers that this is not a homebrew or home made product by any means, not now. And it's formulated, produced and tested in laboratory conditions. It has also been independently tested by an independent laboratory in England. It's completely safe for all exterior applications, if it wasn't we would never get liability insurance.

Mike'

Reactions: scotty76 and batch