Milltek Exhausts

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
Has anyone else got a rattly Milltek exhaust?

I've had mine 2 years and its started sounding like there is something loose inside, up until a couple of weeks ago it was fine.

Millteks have a reputation for being awkward to fit but rattling from the backbox is unusual no?

Stupid cheap muck.

After having the Audi in many many parts, and as it happens, lots of peoples S3's, I can catergorically state both the A3 and S3 are stupid cheap muck.

They certainly arent made like a BMW thats for sure.

It happens all the time, I'm going to give Milltek a ring tommorow see if they want to replace the back box...

If the exhaust is already two years old, I think I can guess what they'll say. Get a mate to blip the throttle while you have a look around. Could be the internal baffles coming loose. Doesn't sound like the normal fitment issues.

Nah its not fitment, I had the whole thing off earlier today and it rattles off the car too.

However, there appears to be no 'real' internal baffling in Millteks, you can see right through the backbox, its just two pipes right through, with holes (baffles) into the pipework, and glas fibre padding out the rest.

But stainless steel, premium product, if I dont get a new backbox out of it I'd be suprised...

If you are the original purchaser of the exhaust then you have a lifetime warranty on it. I had a word with them when I spotted a hairline crack in one of the welds on my back box - they were happy to replace it.

Did you ring them or e-mail? I just sent a mail but it got bounced back instantly.

I spoke to them in person at GTi international. They said I could either take it back to where I'd bought it from (QST), or pop into their factory (Derbyshire?) Just waiting until I'm next passing up that way and I'll get them to change it.

Ah. I was hoping they'd ship one to me so I could swap it out...after all, the original back box doesnt work with the 2.5" centre section!

Might have to brave Croydon to do a swap with the original seller...

what do you eman it does not work with the bentre section? do you mean stock or miltek centre pipe?
My miltek seems fine on the golf, i did have a new babckbox though on warranty.

Milltek centre section is 2.5" and original rear silencer terminates in 1.5", hence there is no option but for me to do a direct swap.

Hopefully, they can send one out, I replace it, then send the cack one back again.