Might to do a couple of small mods on my S3 this year

Raiden

Reaction score
I was going to keep my car standard but the forum is making me change my mind.

Didn't want to do anything major but I thought a stage 1 remap would be good. I was thinking of getting a bluefin as I can just plug it in and do it myself and if I didn't like it just take it off. Are there any issues with remapping the 8P engine? I know some owners burn a lot of oil so would it burn more? I get through 1 litre every 3000 miles. Also would the MPG be slightly better or worse? And has anyone had any reliability issues with a stage 1?

I saw a youtube video of the new M3 and this guy lowered his car 20mm with eibach springs. The guy who fitted them said the ride comfort would be slightly better along with the performance? I find that hard to believe and I know its a different car but has anyone lowered theres and found the ride compromised? I use the car everyday and carry kids about now and again so I didn't want to do it and then have my spine broken or be moaning. Seen a few low S3's on here and the car lowered looks so much better but I didn't want to keep clipping speed humps all the time

The Bluefin is quite mild, I had one and the car went better than stock but it was not a massive improvement. My son has an R-Tech stage 1 on a TTS and the car really goes well burning no more oil than normal. I have had a stage 1 on my Golf 1.8T for over 40,000 miles and it hardly uses any oil at all.
A lot of tuners like APR give you 30 days after having a map to try it out and then it can be changed back to stock if you do not like it and you have a refund.

Reactions: Raiden
Was the Bluefin fine then on your car all the time you had it? Saw a old thread on here you commented on. The guy who posted it was having a right nightmare with his

As far as I remember there were no issues apart from the fact that my son has found some research that it was not a particularly well engineered map. But then again info on forums is not always accurate!
The map felt like atandard but with a bit more. The Audi tech asked if it has been mapped as if did not feel standard to him. I removed it and went to APR 1+ . Much more aggressive. Now at APR 2+ but may go to R-Tech for a custom tune as they did a really good job on my son's TTS 2 weeks ago.

If going stage 1 then need to have he money for a new clutch, £1200 roughly, so that cheap mod becomes expensive.
If I was doing it again I wouldn't bother with stage 1 until my clutch needs replaced just not worth the money of £1500-1800 total.