Might be buying an a4 avant. Advice needed

donny_1972

Reaction score
Good evening. Iam going to look at a 2016 a4 avant ultra sport tdi in the morning. The car has 45k miles on the clock and has full secice history. Is there anything I should look out for? Also I understand the car has the adblue system in it and was wondering how reliable this is as I have read of a few owners having problems. Any info would be much appreciated.

Same mileage as my A4 ultra sport tdi. Just check that all its optional services (brake fluid, S-tronic etc) have been carried out. AdBlue has never been an issue.

I would also check if the climate has had a service as well. Many don't and wait until it stops working but I happen to be a believer in preventative maintenance.

If it is a stronic then that should have had a service no later than 38,000 miles as well...

Reactions: firebits
Also check if it has a spare (space saver wheel) if not you can get the parts required to fit it, contact me in the next few days if you need the part no.s for the correct parts for the B9.

I have had to source the jack, wheel and other parts to retro fit the wheel in place of the stupid inflation kit supplied in my new B9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the spare wheel thing sorted now, my friendly parts guy sorted it.

Check my other post in a couple of days, I will post part no.s and pics (before and after).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I have the part numbers and photos of it installed please?
I've been told by 2 dealers and Audi that a space saver isn't available for my car (March 2019 Audi)
Plan was to drive down to the wheel shop (I'm close by) and see if I can get one of their wheels to fit, but i obviously wouldn't have the correct covers, etc.

Good evening. Iam going to look at a 2016 a4 avant ultra sport tdi in the morning. The car has 45k miles on the clock and has full secice history. Is there anything I should look out for? Also I understand the car has the adblue system in it and was wondering how reliable this is as I have read of a few owners having problems. Any info would be much appreciated.

Is it an automatic or manual?

Can I have the part numbers and photos of it installed please?
I've been told by 2 dealers and Audi that a space saver isn't available for my car (March 2019 Audi)
Plan was to drive down to the wheel shop (I'm close by) and see if I can get one of their wheels to fit, but i obviously wouldn't have the correct covers, etc.

I'm going to post a How To on how I did the job. Please Check on there in an hour or so. I was also told by Audi that you could not fit a spare wheel, only to find that and identical car to mine in the show room had a factory fitted one.

Reactions: Andy101